eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulk Uploader says save as .txt but I can't upload

Default Bulk Uploader says save as .txt but I can't upload

Hello Everyone,

I am really confused at this point. I have prepared my 1st bulk upload batch and I believe I have done everything the instructions asked me to do. It says that I have to save the excel file in a .txt file format. It says in OpenOffice that I need to save it as a CSV file but choose tab delination when I save the document. I have done that over and over and yet the website will not let me upload the list. It keeps saying that the file has to be a .txt or .txsomething file. I am at a loss??

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Nathan

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid, Nathan.

The following steps should get your file saved correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    For those who find this thread later on- To save your OO Calc file as Tab Delimited properly for Bulk Upload (it's not obvious in OO, very convoluted, but here's how)

The following procedure:

1. File > Save as...
    2. Select CSV as the type
    3. Deselect Automatic filename extension
    4. Select Edit filter settings
    5. Change file name to end with .TSV (or whatever you use).
    6. Press Save
    7. Select {Tab} as the Field delimiter.
    8. Backspace over the text field separator (mine defaults to ", we dont want this in there.. ) so as to leave it blank (no separator)

That should save your spreadsheet in perfect .tsv format for bulk uploading.
    If you still have problems submitting your spreadsheet after getting it into the right format, list one item manually and then use the 'export listings' function (top right) to give you a template to check where the problem is.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Newbie
    View luckyhair5925's Feedback (-8)
    All-About luckyhair5925
    View luckyhair5925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    could someone send me a sample of that "TSV file?
    I am trying to have a developer create a program that would generate the TSV file directly for me

I am having similar problems with bulk upload. I am using Excel, I save as tab delimited text, but just keep getting this error: The file type you are using is not recognised. Please upload in TAB delimited format.

I'm quite sure the file is right, even looking at it in Notepad it seems fine. I've done loads of bulk uploads before and I've never had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhair5925 View Post
    Hi,
    could someone send me a sample of that "TSV file?
    I am trying to have a developer create a program that would generate the TSV file directly for me
    Why don't you just download the bulk upload spreadsheet and save it as tab delimited text?

Is it something to do with the lack of "###end###" in the last column of the 'sheet? I noticed this had gone but assumed it's not used now...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    Is it something to do with the lack of "###end###" in the last column of the 'sheet? I noticed this had gone but assumed it's not used now...
    Indeed... Accidentally deleted it. Probelm solved

Forum Newbie
    All-About togznstyle
    View togznstyle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Welcome to eBid, Nathan.

The following steps should get your file saved correctly.
    If you still have problems submitting your spreadsheet after getting it into the right format, list one item manually and then use the 'export listings' function (top right) to give you a template to check where the problem is.
    I have done this and when i go to save as .tsv thier is no .tsv in OO. Can you please help me as i have been trying to do this for 2 days and i am stumpt.

Thank
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by togznstyle View Post
    I have done this and when i go to save as .tsv thier is no .tsv in OO. Can you please help me as i have been trying to do this for 2 days and i am stumpt.

Thank
    Laura

I use OO and save as CSV file but name the file with .txt extension (after deselecting Automatic Filename Extension, as per cmjewel's instructions above).

Hope that helps.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

I am having an issue. When I upload the file fails. error states I have the the Wrong ebid store #ID. I checked many times and I think it is correct. I am using the user id I use to log in. can someone tell me if this is correct or not. Thanks

Thread Information