Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Chanel!

Angry Help with Chanel!

I have just finished dealing with a VERY aggrivating situation on the dark side. I bought an authentic Chanel belt at a estate sale. So naturally, I listed it on the dark side - this was before i found ebid. a girl bought it for 300 , which is a good deal, as this belt is vintage and very hard to come by. The belt was a three chain belt with three discs that has the cc logo and black enamel in the background. You could very clearly see all of this in the listing, and even zoom in on the pictures that showed the cc made in france stamps on the back. She filed a claim with PayPal - who is DEFINATLY not a pal at all - saying it was not authentic. In her email to me she said in HER OPINION that it was not authentic because the black enamel was slightly out of the lines on the discs. You can see all of this detail in the listing! So needless to say now that greedbay owns paypal, they automatically ruled in favor of this person, who has sold hundreds more than me, and just "bought it to turn around and sell it again". Paypal did not even give me a chance to fax in any documentation or make my case at all! I am so fed up! They just automatically believed what she said. So now I want to list it on here to sell, but I am scared to list anything with a designer name. I had three ghd's that I won at a liquidation auction and now I can't sell them anywhere because of all of the counterfiet items. Am I the only one who has this problem? Shouldnt there be some kind of protection for those of us who have the real deal? Does anyone know a place that can verify my chanel belt's authenticity? I am so aggrivated and will not be dealing with name brand items anymore unless i have a reciept. And what I dont get is when it seems like my listings are being removed and not others'.
    HELP!

Seller ID: Glam4Less
    Store : Glam Girl
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Glam-Girl

Mt. 16:26 What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but loose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

I also had a similar problem and like you wonder how come so many that are obviously NOT authentic are still allowed and only some people are targeted? My brother put some software over there and even put serial numbers to show authenticity and they still removed the listing for unauthorised something or other!!

And who are thw sad people that actually report others, don't they have anything better to do and like your listing had clear pictures, can't they see that before buying?

I was totally aggrivated. I am just going to not invest anymore money on name brand items. The thing that gets me, is if i was an authorized dealer, I wouldn't be selling on ebay, especially when between them and paypal they take 20% of the final sale. Where's the profit in that? I think they are only making the counterfiet situation worse, it is becoming nearly impossible to make money off of authentic items, unless they are used like in my case. I can't wait untill all my business come here to ebid, I just hope that ebid is ready for it! I honestly think it is alot of powersellers who report the little guys so they can get all the money. I feel like suing ebay for discrimination.

Seller ID: Glam4Less
    Store : Glam Girl
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Glam-Girl

Mt. 16:26 What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but loose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Did you get the belt back?

If you did you could have taken it to tradeing standards dont know what they call it in texas and could have had written proof from them. And then surely the sale would have to complete.

For me I have all documentation from suppliers via orders and invoices saying that my items are genuine and from the correct chanels. But i guess when it is vintage items it is harder i dont know if there is anywhere that can certify your items but then it may cost money but at least then you have proof your item is the real deal and the customer will not have a leg to stand on.

I suggest contacting trading standard (no idea what you call it in texas) or contact chanel direct.

I hope you sort it out I can see it has upset you but keep doing what you do as they say there is always one that you cant please.

I am totally with you about fee bay i have traded with them for over 5 years and they have made it impossible to sell on there now with there fees and certain criterias to bring you up the search results. Thats why I have come here it is hard to make money on there unless you buy it cheap which as you know when brands are concerned new or vintage they come at a cost to us all buyers and sellers.

All Your Fashion Needs.

Men's And Women's Branded Fashion

I had the same problem with some genuine von dutch caps i sell, they are genuine but the minute i listed them on there last year they got vero'd. It is annoying especially when there are so many others listing the same things. I still sell on feebay, but i'm really wary of anything with not only a designer name, but even high street store brand names, because they even get removed. I also sell leg avenue fancy dress outfits, but had to be so careful that i used my own photos on the listings, otherwise they will get removed also.
    I also wonder who the sad people are that report some of these things. I remember when i first started selling over there i listed a lot of barbie dolls furniture & stuff, well i had one thing that i wasn't sure of the make, so i put it as barbie size dolls furniture (or words to that effect), and it was reported as keyword spamming. Whenever i list something now with a well known high st store name, i just pray it will sell before it gets noticed

Jane

I agree on the paypal issue- better have gotten your item back, I would hope - But, manufacturers are cracking down on counterfeit goods- they HAVE to protect their brand name/trademark/servicemark - They must show they are aggressively enforcing their property rights, otherwise with the flood of counterfeits and usage of their brand on other items for which they are not getting licensing fees, they run the risk of the brand becoming "mainstream" and they can actually LOSE their trademark rights on the brand. This has happened before .. and then they are left with a watered down, nearly worthless brand name... With designer items, it is ALL about the brand- it has nothing to do with quality. In fact there are actually competitive product and designs that are better made, and higher quality than some brand name products, but, the brand name sells at a much higher price ..

This is why companies are so aggressive about enforcing their property rights, and part of this enforcement is to place legal pressure (turning down the screws) on auction sites like Ebid and Ebay, forcing these companies to set new, more restrictive rules, and forcing companies like paypal to take immediate action - which is probably why Paypal sided with the buyer right away - it's a cheap and easy cop-out - Buyer would have had to send the item to Paypal or somewhere, I believe for it to be destroyed (but I've heard rumors they simply toss it in boxes and ship to liquidators to be sold off... and let some other poor sucker get stuck with what may be grey-market goods)

But again, If I, as a company, were to be told that a transaction went through my company in such a way that I am responsible in any way for facilitating that transaction, I would have to, legally, reverse whatever part of the transaction it was within my power to do so, But in order to do this, the product would have to be delivered into my possession for disposal.. but, in paypal's case, they would have immediately put a hold or removed the funds for the transaction from your account to *prevent* you from withdrawing it.. (Which is why one should have a habit of NOT using paypal like a bank- when you get some money you cant afford to lose, immediately transfer it to your bank!) Pending their investigation.. if they then get the merchandise from the buyer and can verify it is not authentic they will refund buyer and "destroy" (or so they claim) the product, and that's the end of it.. I don't know what procedure they might take if the product is proven authentic (or if they will even bother authenticating it- I don't think they have any legal requirement to do so)

But, If the buyer doesn't send the item to them for disposal, then you just might get your money back.. eventually....
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Here is a suggestion and it may be harder to find then you think. Find a reputable and licensed antique dealer and get an authorized document showing that it is authentic and not a fake.

Along with doing this, get it in writing that this dealer will back up their appraisal and the fact that it is authentic.

The only way around all or some of this is to have someone with a reputation of dealing with these sort of items back up their word.

It may be more of a hassle then you think BUT in the long run, you will have all the proof you need to not only list but back up what you say.

HC

Forum Newbie
    All-About 777Style
    View 777Style's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Authenticity Issue

In order for paypal to take the customers side, the customer must provide verifiable proof either by an online certified authenticator or by a sales representative of an authorized reseller or in your case, chanel boutique. The proof must be sent in by fax or email and then paypal investigates the info to make sure it is a legitimate & qualified opinion, then they will decide in the customers favor.
    I've been ripped off before and had to supply the proof within so many days which was impossible to do by the time I read the email requesting info after filing a dispute claim and because I couldnt get the proof in time, the seller won & I spent $300 for a pair of $10 chanel cc logo earrings. But I wish all they needed was my word but sadly thats not the case. The cust must prove it was not auth in time given or nothing happens.
    There are several different ways to go about auth your items. First is free & all you have to do is join the purse forum blog website & you will find the info easily. Another is a personal online authenticator like mypoupette.com for a small fee & I just found this company but not sure what they would charge, here's the link: http://www.yottamark.com and if your going to charge anywhere near what the auth origs costs, make sure it's authentic. It's a HUGE difference & no one wants to be charged way more for something than its really worth.

Default authenic items

I am just coming accross from another site because recently they are driving me to distraction!! I once bought a fake chloe bag off there and in order to get my money back i had to send the bag to chloe in london ... also at the moment there is more protection on there for buyers than sellers ... money is being withheld in paypal until item is sent and buyer either leaves feedback or the money will be released in 21 days ... ive had a buyer not pay for some sunglasses she bid on the other day and apparently she has made a habit of this but because sellers can no longer leave neg feedback i didnt see this (complaints were left in green and not red so i didnt think wen i saw 100% feedback) ... i must admit i am glad that its not just me (as I was beginnin to get a complex lol) hopefully this site will be much better (fingers crossed)... i am a bit of a techno geek so please bear with me while i find my feet on here ... in not even sure ive posted this thead in the correct place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glam4Less View Post
    I have just finished dealing with a VERY aggrivating situation on the dark side. I bought an authentic Chanel belt at a estate sale. So naturally, I listed it on the dark side - this was before i found ebid. a girl bought it for 300 , which is a good deal, as this belt is vintage and very hard to come by. The belt was a three chain belt with three discs that has the cc logo and black enamel in the background. You could very clearly see all of this in the listing, and even zoom in on the pictures that showed the cc made in france stamps on the back. She filed a claim with PayPal - who is DEFINATLY not a pal at all - saying it was not authentic. In her email to me she said in HER OPINION that it was not authentic because the black enamel was slightly out of the lines on the discs. You can see all of this detail in the listing! So needless to say now that greedbay owns paypal, they automatically ruled in favor of this person, who has sold hundreds more than me, and just "bought it to turn around and sell it again". Paypal did not even give me a chance to fax in any documentation or make my case at all! I am so fed up! They just automatically believed what she said. So now I want to list it on here to sell, but I am scared to list anything with a designer name. I had three ghd's that I won at a liquidation auction and now I can't sell them anywhere because of all of the counterfiet items. Am I the only one who has this problem? Shouldnt there be some kind of protection for those of us who have the real deal? Does anyone know a place that can verify my chanel belt's authenticity? I am so aggrivated and will not be dealing with name brand items anymore unless i have a reciept. And what I dont get is when it seems like my listings are being removed and not others'.
    HELP!

Selling some goods is risky, especially designer items. But on feebay discrediting sellers for this and other excuses ("I think it is fake") has become an art by sellers of similiar things (using alternate buyer accounts). Another one of feebay's many flaws.

This is against feebay rules, but easy to do: A buyer/seller buys from a competitor and then finds something wrong with it. They quickly file Paypal & feebay complaints, and then a issue a negative with nasty comments. Since sellers are not allowed to issue negatives in return, they are safe,rarely getting caught playing this game.

If done well, the seller has all their listings pulled, is discredited, and is permanently suspended from feebay. And they might lose the item and their money too ("its lost in mail").

When a buyer on feebay moves very quickly to discredit a seller (as in Glam4less case), I suspect more is going on than an innocent buyer trying to stop fakes. Most buyers will try to work out problems with sellers not try to put seller out of business.

Thread Information