Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Please get rid of.. Run Until Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Oooh... aerobics too, that's just showing off.
    I thought maybe i was getting bored, when in fact it seemed I was just waking up

Default Re "Run Till Sold" & Flashing ' r '

Seems some don't like the wording of "Run Till Sold" or seeing it in the listings that the Buyers view.
    Actually, "Run Till Sold" means just what it says, and it is not only a useful option, but one amongst a sellers' choices (nice to have choice).

If it is really necessary to make changes:
    1) The option could remain for sellers to use, but this term could be not viewable by Buyers when viewing the listings, OR
    2) A wording change could be introduced so as to keep everyone happy, such as "EXTENDED SALE".

Does that make sense??? We also must bear in mind how much extra work this would entail for the site programmers!

As far as the flashing ' r ' is concerned, I don't think it is a bad thing, except the legend applied to it (seen on mouse-over) ... 'No Reserve Auction or Reserve Price Met' is a little ambiguous. I personally don't mind the flashing ' r ' but to avoid ambiguity, I would like it to mean merely 'No Reserve Auction' (if there is a reserve, does not this show on a listing anyway as 'Reserve not met?).
    From a medical point of view, I do not believe that the strobe frequency of the flashing ' r ' is at a level that is likely to affect epileptics or those who suffer from migraine.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

The flashing r confused me at first. I thought it meant there IS a reserve price.

As a buyer, I don't mind "Run Until Sold" but I would probably ask the seller a question before placing a buy or bid, just to see if the seller is awake at the wheel. I've already saved myself a small disaster here by doing that once.

By the way, if an item is in fact being run until sold, what kind of end date, if any, would be visible to the potential buyer? If it's a biddable auction, the buyer wants to know how closely to fire a snipe if that's the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    The flashing r confused me at first. I thought it meant there IS a reserve price.

As a buyer, I don't mind "Run Until Sold" but I would probably ask the seller a question before placing a buy or bid, just to see if the seller is awake at the wheel. I've already saved myself a small disaster here by doing that once.

By the way, if an item is in fact being run until sold, what kind of end date, if any, would be visible to the potential buyer? If it's a biddable auction, the buyer wants to know how closely to fire a snipe if that's the strategy.
    I believe that 'Run Till Sold' items are ONLY fixed price/BIN, it's an Option of Run Till Sold OR an Auction (whether Free or Gallery +/- BIN).

I tend to agree that things that serve no positive purpose needn't be there.

So why have the words "run until sold" showing? What purpose do those words appearing serve to anyone? So long as sellers have the choice to use the function why add more valueless clutter to an already busy looking page?

Similarly the flashing R. It's over used and not highlighting anything particularly special. What positive purpose is it serving? There is already enough confirmation that the symbol potentially confuses some people. If it is adding nothing of any positive value then why have it? And if it is perceived as a negative by even a small minority of visitors then it's foolish to have it remain.

However, I do agree that the number of bids already made on a listing is a positive piece of info to show for buyers and sellers. It may encourage sellers to be a little more competitive to attract bids, it may encourage buyers to check out items that other people feel are worth bidding on, it may assist ex-eB*yers who like auctions to adapt to eBid easier. I cannot think of any negative. So why isn't it there?

In real life good retailers always take a step outside their own shops regularly and look back in the window to see what their potential buyers are seeing. There's always room for improvement be that in the stock on offer, the pricing, the window display, the special offers/loss leaders on view or whatever. It's no different on the web IMO.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree please get rid of "run until sold" buy mine & it will be gone. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I agree please get rid of "run until sold" buy mine & it will be gone. :-)
    Thats a good philosophy burgyeb!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

As there are less auctions with a reserve maybe it would be better to label them in some way. Then the r would signify something logical rather than confusing people; also as there woudl be less of them they would be less annoying.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    As there are less auctions with a reserve maybe it would be better to label them in some way. Then the r would signify something logical rather than confusing people; also as there woudl be less of them they would be less annoying.
    I think thats why I dont have an opinion on the r. Its on so many of the auctions and totally irrelevant that you tend to dismiss it after a while anyway. I have to remember to take the reserve price out of my listings - bid price 99p reserve price 99p well der.. if it sells at its bid price its gonna break reserve anyway

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    I think thats why I dont have an opinion on the r. Its on so many of the auctions and totally irrelevant that you tend to dismiss it after a while anyway. I have to remember to take the reserve price out of my listings - bid price 99p reserve price 99p well der.. if it sells at its bid price its gonna break reserve anyway
    The auction add screen makes you do that, in my experience. If you try to put zero it objects - you have to make the two match if you don't want a reserve. You *can* have zero in the edit screen I think. Just a little ebid "feature"

Thread Information