Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

Quote Originally Posted by RATLINTOEZ View Post
    Hi.
    I must agree with the get some feedback Brigade
    & disagree with the recession brigade.

I had zero feedback this time last week.I went out & bought
    10 items. paid for them straight away. I then had a feedback of 10+
    Over the week-end I've had 8 sales, nothing shattering, but a good solid start.

As far as recession goes, i was in the biggest supermarket in the UK
    the other day & all 60 + tills had people queuing , as was the garage outside & even the car wash had a que. No matter how hard things get,will we see kids running around with no shoes on? People are still
    driving around in two cars.While i agree some people are struggling (and aren't there always groups who struggle no matter what?) I tend to think the one's who are being hit hardest at the moment, are not the ones who you would find on auction sites, at the very best of times.

Ian.
    I totally agree with what you said.

Jane

Smile Sales are gradually coming

Be patient everyone moving over from another place, sales are to be had.

Just had my fifth sale in just over 3 weeks, as others have said it's not a lot but it's a start

Forum Newbie
    All-About moorstyles
    View moorstyles's Listings
    Forum Posts

Absolutely. I'm new to ebid and expecting a lot of the **bay lot to jump ship. NOW IS THE TIME FOR EBID TO TAKE 50 % of the **bay market place. And it's the reliable seller with a good reputation who will help ebid get there. But ebid please be warned don't go down the best match route. It is unfair and the buyers see the same old rubbish by the big seller and they don't see the special items which appear much later in the search. Time ending soonest is the best solution both for buyer and seller. So as the chap above says get it listed and be ready and let us pray that sales start to happen.

"If you build it they will come..."
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

... well you do need to advertise it to get their attention ... then they will come
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by RATLINTOEZ View Post
    Hi.
    I must agree with the get some feedback Brigade
    & disagree with the recession brigade.

I had zero feedback this time last week.I went out & bought
    10 items. paid for them straight away. I then had a feedback of 10+
    Over the week-end I've had 8 sales, nothing shattering, but a good solid start.

Ian.
    I must say that after my feedback passed +10, I too started to get some sales. I think that this is an indication of the unwillingness of buyers to purchase from sellers with very low feedback - quite a natural thing I would say - buyers do seem to need that feeling of confidence in the seller before they buy.
    So it would appear that new sellers with little or no feedback would be wise to consider making a few purchases to get their feedback up a bit.

Ebid really do need to advertise more. The vast majority of the popular don't even know that this site exists.

Smile Sales are coming

Has I said in a previous post, sales are coming, slowly, but they are coming. I am still listing elswhere just to keep sales going and I put in a flyer for eBid with all my packages. How many bother to look, who knows, but if only 1 in 50 does and they buy from someone on eBid then it all helps.

The only frustration I have is that out my 5 sales so far I have only had 1 person bother to leave feedback. Elswhere I almost always get feed back hence a feedback well over 3000.

Anyway moan over, keep up the good work Gazza and the rest of thr great un-named out there who are trying to bring eBid to a wider buying public.

Cheers Mel @ Booksntings

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/booksnting...n-Books--Music

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Has I said in a previous post, sales are coming, slowly, but they are coming. I am still listing elswhere just to keep sales going and I put in a flyer for eBid with all my packages. How many bother to look, who knows, but if only 1 in 50 does and they buy from someone on eBid then it all helps.

The only frustration I have is that out my 5 sales so far I have only had 1 person bother to leave feedback. Elswhere I almost always get feed back hence a feedback well over 3000.

Anyway moan over, keep up the good work Gazza and the rest of thr great un-named out there who are trying to bring eBid to a wider buying public.

Cheers Mel @ Booksntings

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/booksnting...n-Books--Music
    You realize there is a facility in the Feedback area to *request* feedback from the other person.. a reminder of sorts I suppose.. a nicely worded request could do wonders..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idealadultsales View Post
    You realize there is a facility in the Feedback area to *request* feedback from the other person.. a reminder of sorts I suppose.. a nicely worded request could do wonders..
    You don't get to choose the wording, it's a standard message. However, it's obvious when it arrives that it's a standard message, so any lack of warmth won't be attributed to the seller. It's perfectly polite.

Thread Information