Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    I don't think they'd leave in droves on giving there opinions. Who knows it might increase membership if people find out that eBid wants to hear the opinions of there customers.

Most people love to give there two cents when asked, and even when they aren't. LOL! HELLO to myself and the rest forum.

As for me be obsessive... I think I might have mild case OCD, and just be a smart...mouth;-)
    Hmm, let me see if I have this right. Buyers love it when they are asked for an opinion, but when eBid sends them a request to leave feedback (a request for an opinion on a seller), they get angry and leave the site.

I know what I do every time I get an email invitation to participate in a survey... trash.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that is what went wrong on the other side, they discouraged the small seller, or the garage sale seller, so they are loosing them. If that option was here, it still should be up to the seller if they wanted to use it. Some buyers would also enjoy the open market feeling about being able to haggle, some buyers may be would buy more, feeling if they cauld haggle, it would feed their ego. Think it would add to the versility of this site. Don't know, but only my opinion, and if there I would use it on some things.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Make An Offer"

Good idea, lets go for it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    "Make An Offer"

Good idea, lets go for it.
    Would love to.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I know what I do every time I get an email invitation to participate in a survey... trash.
    I get lots of invitations to fill in surveys and get paid for them...I wouldn't want to trash money

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that in the slow market we have now "make an offer" just might generate some more interest. It seems that everyone wants a deal these days.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think a trial period could be implemented.
    If after 3 months or so, there is only a few using it,
    then bin it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    I think a trial period could be implemented.
    If after 3 months or so, there is only a few using it,
    then bin it.
    Why not? If it works more money for eBid. If it doesn't at least they tried.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, it could open up a new avenue of sales here. Provided it is used properly. As long as both parties are willing to negotiate in good faith there is no problem. It would only be a problem if one party tried to force the other to haggle when that person didn't want to do it.

As I mentioned before, attempting to haggle is inappropriate for an auction style listing as the bidding is a form of making an offer.

There could be a listing type added just for haggling. Perhaps Auction Only, Fixed Price Only, Haggle Only and then some sort of combo type option like Auction w/ BIN or Fixed Price w/Or Best Offer.

Could eventually even add a Barter Category to the mix.

Dennis

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, it could open up a new avenue of sales here. Provided it is used properly. As long as both parties are willing to negotiate in good faith there is no problem. It would only be a problem if one party tried to force the other to haggle when that person didn't want to do it.

As I mentioned before, attempting to haggle is inappropriate for an auction style listing as the bidding is a form of making an offer.

There could be a listing type added just for haggling. Perhaps Auction Only, Fixed Price Only, Haggle Only and then some sort of combo type option like Auction w/ BIN or Fixed Price w/Or Best Offer.

Could eventually even add a Barter Category to the mix.

Dennis
    Bartering/trading/swapping!!!

It can already be done & for no fees over here;-). Just state that you openned to trading & for what on your "All About Me", and "ME" page. Yes I said "me" page. It's a good way to get people to join eBid when you explain that there are no fees for a "free listing" option. Just list it in a manner that no one else, but the person you are trading with, can find it.

EXAMPLE: Swapping with Dennis and NO ONE ELSE!!!

Put on this on listing and state that you both agreed on the terms of the trade.

And just out of curiousity, because there is a "free listing" option, why can't people post there emails on there listing or AAM page? And posting questions automatically stinks on ice as well.

No offense but you got to let people have privacy if they like. If they never heard of eBid and they join as a lifetime Seller+ they are showing faith in you. You should try to have a little faith in them.

I had people on the otherside tell me that they just rather deal through PayPoo then join a site that they never really heard of. Let's be honest your the underdog. You have to get people that have never heard of eBid know that you are cool.

Thread Information