eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well after reading some of the (Quite funny) posts on here I am quite surprised how such a small subject can cause such a stir

Personally I can see the pro's and cons for a 'Make an offer' option. I also think it depends on what you're selling. It will benefit some but not others.
    I don't think I would use it but I have done in the past when I used to sell clothes. I would buy in bulk and offer a price which was lower than most, but rather than just accept that I would accept reasonable offers which meant me clearing my stock, giving the customer a good deal but still making a profit. So I can see the benefits in it if you use it wisely.
    It is easy to turn down stupid offers, BUT what it does do (With sensible offers) is show new customers that you're flexible and will offer some sort of discount as long as it's fair to both parties (i.e. I found if I accepted a reasonable offer for one item, the customer would often come back and buy something else at the BIN price).

In saying that I wouldn't use it now for my current items as I already sell at the lowest price I can really, so there would be no benefit in it.

With regards to some sellers offering a higher BIN price but also accepting offers, to make it seem like the buyer is getting a better deal. At the end of the day these sellers won't stay in business long. There are some daft buyers out there who have more money than sense, but in my experience most buyers will look around for the best deal and therefore will know if they are being ripped off. That doesn't apply to everyone as there are some daft buyers out there, but I don't think sellers who offer higher prices (Or P&P for that matter) will be around for long.
    I also don't think there are many sellers out there who do actually do that anyway.

I honestly don't think a 'Best offer' option would harm Ebid in any way, even though I wouldn't use it myself at the moment.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

All I can say is a Best Offer option.. may sound good, no harm, but it will be a waste of time.
    I am totally against it and will never be convinced that it works. It makes a public online auction site more like a amatuer flea market.
    Forget about it. But................ Que Sara Sara.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

There have been well over 900 so-called Public Online Auction Sites go under.. I would like to see eBid keep rising and stay solid.
    Pride has a lot to do with success.. as sadly does greed at any cost. Tis good to get out the broom weekly.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Tis good to get out the broom weekly.
    Wish it was to beat off massive hordes of customers.

Would simply love to be pulling my hair out answering questions and packing up items.

The easy upgrades should be focused on first. It'll let eBid build some revenue for the hard ones.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best Offer. Fine as an option. Works for me elsewhere as a buyer and seller. Provides flexibility for sellers and buyers alike. For all we know, it might create a queue of buyers.

This is a members' support forum so everyone is entitled to put forward their views and suggestions, even if someone else raised the topic back in nineteen-canteen in some long buried post.

The crux of the matter is: what does eBid Ltd. see as the way forward?

In any case, keep those ideas coming.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I am selling and I am being asked what my best price is fairly frequently (last time was a couple of hours ago) I am interested in a best offer facility.

I really don't appreciate the people who keep trying to shut down the discussion (on multiple threads).

I did start off fairly agnostic but the arguments (and attitude of those who are against the idea) have helped to convince me that it would be a good idea.

Glad to see this thread getting some new life.

Looking forward to seeing Make Offer implemented on ebid.

Trouble is if you want something like this on ebid, you get accused of wanting ebid to be like ebay.

Yeah that is right!

I want ebid to be just like ebay so that I can...

• have absolutely no PROPER seller protection.
    • A limit on payment systems I can offer
    • Be wide open to scams by so-called 'buyers', which ebay's new policys and system leaves it wide open to exploitation.
    • Be out of pocket on returns due to ebay's 'free' P&P policy.
    • Pay fees twice to what amounts to be the same company (ebay/paypal)
    • ...extortionate fees at that.
    • ...and the other great reasons I want ebid to be just like ebay.

Yes siree, I really want ebid to be like that!

Anyway back to Make Offer.

If ebid do bring this in, chances are you will need to tick a box to say you are offering 'Make Offer'.

If you are against the idea, whatever you do DON'T tick the box. Yes, I know there are some of you who will be compelled to go against the choice being offered to you, but don't do it.

(awaits post that is as predictable as Lineker mentioning 1966 during an England game)
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I did start off fairly agnostic but the arguments (and attitude of those who are against the idea) have helped to convince me that it would be a good idea.
    I'm starting to feel the same way, though not for the same reasons! I guess I'd better stop posting my viewpoints lest I should be dragged in front of a human right tribunal and accused of depriving some sellers of their self-attributed entitlements. I tried being helpful, but now I just don't care. So let's toss some rope to the sellers and see what they do with it.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I'm starting to feel the same way, though not for the same reasons! I guess I'd better stop posting my viewpoints lest I should be dragged in front of a human right tribunal and accused of depriving some sellers of their self-attributed entitlements. I tried being helpful, but now I just don't care. So let's toss some rope to the sellers and see what they do with it.
    What would be the fun in not posting your viewpoint? Frankly, if everyone on these forums had the same viewpoint there would be no sense in having a forum at all.
    Dennis

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    What is your obsession with spamming the membership? If ebid started emailing questions to all their members every time somebody on the forums had some tin-pot little pet idea, those members would leave in droves. If you have an idea that holds merit, argue it's case, don't expect teacher to do it for you.
    I don't think they'd leave in droves on giving there opinions. Who knows it might increase membership if people find out that eBid wants to hear the opinions of there customers.

Most people love to give there two cents when asked, and even when they aren't. LOL! HELLO to myself and the rest forum.

As for me be obsessive... I think I might have mild case OCD, and just be a smart...mouth;-)

Thread Information