Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    I had people on the otherside tell me that they just rather deal through PayPoo then join a site that they never really heard of. Let's be honest your the underdog. You have to get people that have never heard of eBid know that you are cool.
    So we're supposed to change eBid to be more like the other site to appease buyers who have no intentions of coming here? Shuuuurrrrrrrr.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

"stinks on ice?"

Never heard that one before!
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    So we're supposed to change eBid to be more like the other site to appease buyers who have no intentions of coming here? Shuuuurrrrrrrr.
    The site has to evolve, and so do you. Especially in thinking about the big picture. Yeah Yeah anyone that wants eBid to have the features that the competitor has is just trying to turn this site into another *Bay clone and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

We don't want them to be a clone we want them to better.

Oh lord look at it like this. If online auctions sites where professional boxers who would be the champ? e*Bay that's who and everyone knows it. But the champ has gotten stupid, lazy, and arrogant, but FACT they still have a Sunday punches that can easily KO opponents.

First almost everyone has heard of them, and many have used them for buying as well as selling with some success. Second they are open to almost every place on earth. Third they have a variety(listing OPTIONS, items listed, and the shipping calculator) that really can't be match by any site at this time.

Their only flaw, which could be there undoing, is that they have become a corporate giant who has forgotten what made them great, and of course their fees & oneside FB system. OMG you have 1000+ for just buying. Wow you know how to pay for things congradualations.

The little people have a variety of tastes. We like oddities, we like flea-markets, garage sales, bazaars, street fairs, and etc.

A journeyman like eBid has a prime opportunity to go for the crown. They just have to improve their abilities, muscle, and stamina.

If they do climb to the top, as the privately owned corporation they are right now, they could rein supreme forever. And looking back on how they got there they'd realize one thing. Against all odds they did NOT defeat e*Bay. The little guys did. And if they go down they path that the e*Bay has a new up and comer can do the same to them.

You hate my style but at least I hope my passion makes you smile,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you make some valid points, Steve. But I think one of the problems is that too many detest anything that the bay has because they hate what the it has become. Just because the bay has a feature doesn't make that a feature that is bad for eBid.

The bay didn't invent "Haggling" just as they didn't invent the "Auction." So why should eBid or its members shy away from using what could be beneficial?

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I think you make some valid points, Steve. But I think one of the problems is that too many detest anything that the bay has because they hate what the it has become. Just because the bay has a feature doesn't make that a feature that is bad for eBid.

The bay didn't invent "Haggling" just as they didn't invent the "Auction." So why should eBid or its members shy away from using what could be beneficial?

Dennis
    I'd tend to agree with what you say here.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

Dennis
    So right, Dennis. And I think that attitude tends to sidetrack eBid's growth. It also tends to overlook the "comfort zone" of the longtime users we would like to attract: the devil you know, etc.

People are making constant comparisons anyway, so why not use those observations to beat the other guys at their own game? Implement those features that users do like, without the crap, and you would have the best of both worlds. What exactly is wrong with that?

As for the Best Offer option, while I don't use it, that's not to say I never would (nor do I think other people's use of it has in any way impacted my sales). Newcomers to this site are always advised that they can't carry on business as they're used to doing it, that they have to adapt. Okay then, let's all adapt and lose the attitude that everything "they" do is bad, and everything eBid does is good. And while we're at it, it might be useful to consider how best to develop and present this site as streamlined, professional, and easy to use.

But I think the most important point that Steve makes is keeping in mind "the big picture." To those people selling well and happy with the status quo, my congratulations. Most sellers, I would venture to say, are not. So do you want to get and keep new sellers--and buyers--or not? If so, the status quo won't do it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rethreads View Post
    But I think the most important point that Steve makes is keeping in mind "the big picture." To those people selling well and happy with the status quo, my congratulations. Most sellers, I would venture to say, are not. So do you want to get and keep new sellers--and buyers--or not? If so, the status quo won't do it.
    I'm jumping for joy! Some people get it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About RightshopStore
    View RightshopStore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

I think that having a make offer on ebid is a very good deal. Only reason i say this is because i used to sell on (pheebay), and when i was checking the buy it now nobody would ever buy it now. For about 1-2 weeks i had no sales and i'm thinking it has to be something i missed while making my listing, so therefore i did some studying with my prices. I stumbled upon the BUY IT NOW OR BEST OFFER checklist box. I figure why not give this a shot maybe it can increase my sales. GUESS WHAT, it did indeed by 80% after only the second day. So there was a 20% percent chance my products was going to sell on (pheebay) and that's very very low. After learning that only if your costumers had a offer to give to you, you just take the best offer they send to you and it worked every time until (pheebay) restricted my account for reasons i do not want to get into because (pheebay) is atrocious. Just can't go against something that works everytime, and (pheebay) know's this.

Thread Information