eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: eBid Increasingly Looks Like THE Auction Alternative

Very encouraging article indeed.
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

Default Observation

Have stopped listing on ebay at this time and have transferred listings to ebid.
    OK, im selling damn all on ebid, but was selling damn all on ebay.
    I intend to perservere with this. The only way ebid will prosper is that we give it a fair trial.
    Sadly, of course, if ebid becomes a thread to ebay, then ebay will buy it for zillions.
    If that happens then the owners of ebid will make a bomb, which they deserve...............Phil

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holybusebid View Post
    Sadly, of course, if ebid becomes a thread to ebay, then ebay will buy it for zillions.
    If that happens then the owners of ebid will make a bomb, which they deserve...............Phil
    No, they won't deserve it. They have, indeed, invested a lot of money time and effort, but if ebid becomes that threat, then it will also be a result of the work put in by lots of keen ebid sellers who will all be sold down the river by such an action. I will understand if they do it, but I, for one, will be spitting nails!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    No, they won't deserve it. They have, indeed, invested a lot of money time and effort, but if ebid becomes that threat, then it will also be a result of the work put in by lots of keen ebid sellers who will all be sold down the river by such an action. I will understand if they do it, but I, for one, will be spitting nails!
    Not only would I understand it if they were to do it, but they'd be fools not to if a decent offer were made to them, and I couldn't blame them either. Our society, sadly, pays out the greatest rewards on the principle of get-others-to-do-the-work-for-you-and-then-shaft-them.

I'd be spitting nails too if this were to happen: but the only way to avoid it would be to have an auction site that is owned by the membership: a cooperative. Which simply ain't gonna happen.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Default Business acumen

Have stopped listing on ebay at this time and have transferred listings to ebid.
    OK, im selling damn all on ebid, but was selling damn all on ebay.
    I intend to perservere with this. The only way ebid will prosper is that we give it a fair trial.
    I wonder if all the recent changes eBay have made and all the sellers they have upset and who seem to be walking away for one reason or another, will reflect on eBays share prices when the results are published. Perhaps the directors and shareholders dividends will be poor and the share price will will drop to a point where the sale of them will not be enough to buy a hamburger let alone eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by cheap2clear View Post
    I wonder if all the recent changes eBay have made and all the sellers they have upset and who seem to be walking away for one reason or another, will reflect on eBays share prices when the results are published. Perhaps the directors and shareholders dividends will be poor and the share price will will drop to a point where the sale of them will not be enough to buy a hamburger let alone eBid.

Many are fed up with ebay and its continued site "improvements". Some years ago about 10% of my sales were on ebid, 15% on Yahoo auctions (taken over by ebay) and the rest on Ebay, lets hope that ebid will make a comeback.....Phil

Default Winds of change?

Many are fed up with ebay and its continued site "improvements". Some years ago about 10% of my sales were on ebid, 15% on Yahoo auctions (taken over by ebay) and the rest on Ebay, lets hope that ebid will make a comeback.....Phil
    From what you say, from a fiscal point of view the growth outlook is not good. Three sites 75% of your sales on eBay, 15% on Yahoo, and 10% on eBid with eBay taking over the strongest of the other two, so 90% of your sales on eBay and 10% on eBid. if I was a trader I would concentrate my sales effort on the site that gave me the most sales. There is no doubt in my mind that eBay at this instant in time is the market leader. I do not know if this site can attract the volume of private/hobbysellers compete with the eBay listings. But one thing I do know is it is very hard to get buyers to change their habits and who they shop with.

Years ago when I was in business I, found this out. People are afraid, and do not like change, this is their concern with eBay at the moment.

The problem is most people will stay with the devil they know.And I do not know what can be done to change it. But what ever it is it will not happen over night. eBays formula so far has been right but in my opinion their so called improvements are adulterating it.

I check this site for purchases but sill find myself going to eBay as I am more likely, than not to find it.

I am not too interested in my sales, I am just trying to clear out my personal stuff ready for a move overseas. and will list where it costs me the least. I will not list on eBay even if it was free, as I am not prepaired to accept pay pal.

What I have listed on eBid is similar to what I would have listed on Ebay and for the short time it has been live on eBid, on eBay I would have had 20 plus hits plus 2 watchers per item and out of the 12 items listed at least 1 bid by now.

Time will tell and all I can do is wait. Also the forums on eBid are polite and not so bitchy as eBay

great news

I like the bit in the article about selling less and making more profit. A lot of eBay sellers sells loads but end up being "busy fools".

Thread Information