My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: eBid Increasingly Looks Like THE Auction Alternative

I think Gazza's right to try for billboards - seen by thousand sof different people every day, and can't be 'skimmed over' - they become subliminal if people pass them often enough!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    All-About cdgangster
    View cdgangster's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well if you are a doubter or a hater. Believe it. I'm jumping in and bringing a few thousand listings with me. I'm a relatively successful ebay powerseller and I've had the last straw with these fees etc... anyone want any of my ebay stuff at 10% off on a NOT BUY IT NOW I have the same username. Just let me know through a contact or however that's done. I just found this site and I can't believe the difference in tone and attitude from sellers. Sellers who like the site they sell on!! Sounds like when ebay actually started. Haven't figured everything out at all yet but there's enough similarity here to make what appears to be an easy transition. I'm going to let my listings stagnate and bleed out there and bring em in here at my discretionary leisure. I'd start believing the hype because the newest changes actually will have me losing money on tons of items if I will want to sell competetively... ebay justifying this by their "volume will even this type of loss out" excuse. I can't wait to give ebid my $50 for lifetime membership. A drop in the bucket compared to what I've been paying ebay MONTHLY. My sales there are down and according to my seller report there I'm paying them more than when I was selling more...and it's about to get waaay worse. I don't work for free and I certainly don't pay anyone to work for them. Again, believe the hype. I'm here and I'm in. And for the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to change.

View dbdog73's Feedback (+369)
    All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

cdgangster, I feel exactly the same as you. It feels much better here & I'm actually excited about coming over to ebid. feebay have gone to far with this latest price hike. What's more it seems like feebay sellers in our situation mostly feel the same way. The feebay exodus has begun

Welcome to eBid folks, don't forget to email all your old customers and tell them where you are. You might want to check out this thread for some info http://www.ebid.net/forum/showpost.p...postcount=5245
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

And following Gazza's release on 29 August 2008 of the number of auctions then running ... a massive 83.75% increase since April 2008 (in about an 18 week period) ... I calculate that, assuming this phenomenal growth is maintained, eBid will have over 7 million auctions running by August 2009.

So, it's up to us all - to get listing!

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    And following Gazza's release on 29 August 2008 of the number of auctions then running ... a massive 83.75% increase since April 2008 (in about an 18 week period) ... I calculate that, assuming this phenomenal growth is maintained, eBid will have over 7 million auctions running by August 2009.
    that depends on the dark side.... if they keep hiking up their fees... no problem

Forum Newbie
    Stourport On Severn, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View RedfiveToys's Feedback (+812)
    All-About RedfiveToys
    View RedfiveToys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

I have just come from the "Dark Sides", boards, and it seems that they are also starting to bring in capped, or maximum postage rates (around £3.00 for books), in some cat.'s !!!

The have, already tried it in some countries, the book sellers are not too pleased. They have seen the anouncement on the other eB*y sites, and know it won't be long before it comes to the U.K.

So we may be about to get some of the Book Sellers, coming to the light

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    that depends on the dark side.... if they keep hiking up their fees... no problem
    Yep - Ive only made a couple of sales so far, but the fees Ive saved compared to similar sales on greedybay (and that's not including the hidden fees like store charges etc) are already making me realise the crossover from "the dark side" was more than worthwhile

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know why people are worrying about how many will transfer over from 'the other side' when discussions have already taken place about the feasibility of closing the entire UK auction site and maintaining the business sellers and stores only. Do not quote me on this, as it's just media associated speculation, but, in my opinion, there's no smoke without fire. If everyone on here who transferred fro 'over there' actually closed their eB*y accounts then it would make a difference. I think I'll start a thread about this, see who has what to say...

So long as eBid can maintain some integrity and keep on top of listings that breach the rules, this may well be the ONLY online auction site worthy of mention by August 2009.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I don't know why people are worrying about how many will transfer over from 'the other side' when discussions have already taken place about the feasibility of closing the entire UK auction site and maintaining the business sellers and stores only. Do not quote me on this, as it's just media associated speculation, but, in my opinion, there's no smoke without fire. If everyone on here who transferred fro 'over there' actually closed their eB*y accounts then it would make a difference. I think I'll start a thread about this, see who has what to say...

So long as eBid can maintain some integrity and keep on top of listings that breach the rules, this may well be the ONLY online auction site worthy of mention by August 2009.
    I for 1 am not *worried* - I personally think its quite exciting watching the amount of people coming here and talking about "coming over from there" and "there" crumbling. Nothing has a name anymore, its just "this one" and "that one"!! I think sales will increase once the word is out. If "there" cant get any more money out of its sellers, it will just start to pick on its buyers. Lets face it - by putting the fees up as they are, the only way to recoup is for the sellers to increase their prices, consequently forcing the buyers to look elsewhere anyway.

With regard your last comment about eBid keeping on top of its ruling, I think there are enough registered here that want to make it work that it's a totally safe bet

Thread Information