Hello all forum friends - am hoping to ask for a small favour from each of you to help me achieve a once in a lifetime challenge...

My goal is to undertake the Machu Picchu Inca Trail Challenge from 8th to 17th May 2009 which covers approximately 45km of trek trail over the course of 4 days at altitudes up to 4200m. This once in a lifetime challenge begins with raising at least £2,885 for The Blue Cross, £1,400 of which covers my basic costs of accommodation, food and travel and is payable to The Blue Cross so that they may arrange this for my participation in the challenge.

If you know of anyone else who may be willing to help me, please feel free to email them the following link. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.justgiving.com/cheryl-incatrek

The remainder (at least £1,485 - more with everyone's help) goes to The Blue Cross themselves so that they can provide practical support, information and advice for pet and horse owners. Through a network of animal adoption centres, it rehomes thousands of animals each year. Its hospitals provide veterinary care for the pets of people who cannot afford private veterinary fees.

Can you help me?

There is lots to do between now and May - weight to lose, physical fitness training to complete and events to hold in order to raise some of the money, but I am also relying on you to lend a helping hand, if you would be so kind.

Should you wish to sponsor me individually for this challenge, donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Blue Cross gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

Without your help to raise the minimum amount of £2,885, I won't be able to take up this challenge.

So please sponsor me now!

And thank you!

Cheryl Humphreys