My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Looking for information on a pottery mark

Question Looking for information on a pottery mark

Hi, can anyone provide any information on this mark?

It is brown, a flag or banner with the word "Defender" on it. Above is what appears to be "O.S" and underneath is a hard to read word which may be "Burfqau" (I'm sure that's not correct, may also start with a 'D') and what looks like a number 9041 or 9941.

The item is a large water pitcher which is white with a green transferware pattern: flowers with two sailboats on the water. The pitcher has a raised/embossed floral pattern on it as well. It stands almost 12" to the top of the rim.

I've tried the internet and my usual reference guides but have found nothing. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGingerJar View Post
    Hi, can anyone provide any information on this mark?

It is brown, a flag or banner with the word "Defender" on it. Above is what appears to be "O.S" and underneath is a hard to read word which may be "Burfqau" (I'm sure that's not correct, may also start with a 'D') and what looks like a number 9041 or 9941.

The item is a large water pitcher which is white with a green transferware pattern: flowers with two sailboats on the water. The pitcher has a raised/embossed floral pattern on it as well. It stands almost 12" to the top of the rim.

I've tried the internet and my usual reference guides but have found nothing. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Can you submit a photo of it?

Forum Lurker
    View barneysam2's Feedback (+42)
    All-About barneysam2
    View barneysam2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I been all over the internet today looking for makers marks in silver and I know if
    you google "pottery maker marks" you might find what you're looking for. There is
    a ton of information on pottery,silver, copper etc. Hope you find what you need.

Thread Information