Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: be careful buying computers

Forum Newbie
    View papa_js's Feedback (+92)
    All-About papa_js
    View papa_js's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation be careful buying computers

i hope bidders will see this, im not sure of all this thread business etc.
    any way please take care when bidding/buying on ebid. i have just lost 2 lots of money for a laptop & a desktop. i dont know if im allowed to give their details or not. if youre interested give me a messaage. oh by the way, did ebid help ?? NO NO NO

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjaimo View Post
    any way please take care when bidding/buying on ebid.
    Good advice, but it's equally applicable to any on-line auction site, not just eBid.

Of course I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience, daddyjaimo. If you give some more details I'm sure there'll be no shortage of advice for you here.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Is this from the same buyer, I've just looked at the feedback you've left and there is an ID there, now struck through, that has appeared before in a dispute if my memory serves me correctly.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjaimo View Post
    i hope bidders will see this, im not sure of all this thread business etc.
    any way please take care when bidding/buying on ebid. i have just lost 2 lots of money for a laptop & a desktop. i dont know if im allowed to give their details or not. if youre interested give me a messaage. oh by the way, did ebid help ?? NO NO NO
    why should ebid help ? very confusing , was you buying or selling for a start ? if you were buying i take it you don`t read forums and take advice about using escrow , if you were selling how did you lose money ?

go try getting help from ebay pmsl when you get ripped off and enjoy your automated emails that have nothing to do with your question ,

fraud happens on all auction sites if you are buying high priced items
    DON`T BE TIGHT USE ESCROW , IF THE SELLER REFUSES TO ACCEPT ESCROW THEN DO NOT BUY THE ITEM

SIMPLE RULES REALLY

You should realise that eBid's idea of Escrow seems to be pppay which has no buyer protection on it whatsoever. Once you've sent your money to a seller, it's gone forever. And don't think your credit card provider will give you your money back either, because most of them have no agreements with these third party middlemen for return of funds due to fraud.

I should know. I've been ripped off using nochex.

Never ever again. Paypal's expensive, but at least you have a chance of redress.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    You should realise that eBid's idea of Escrow seems to be pppay which has no buyer protection on it whatsoever. Once you've sent your money to a seller, it's gone forever. And don't think your credit card provider will give you your money back either, because most of them have no agreements with these third party middlemen for return of funds due to fraud.

I should know. I've been ripped off using nochex.

Never ever again. Paypal's expensive, but at least you have a chance of redress.
    your post makes no sense
    ????????????????? if you use escrow it has to be safe as the money will not be released until the buyer has item , the seller is protected from fraud too , nochex is not a escrow service ,

if anyone is selling expensive items and you want to buy it use your brains before hitting that buy button ask questions any good seller will accept escrow

if you ask i will give you a 100% safe escrow service provider

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidandvicky View Post
    that sucks mate i feel for you
    there are to many sellers on this site with a couple or zero feedback i make sure i never bid on them ok a few are genuine and ive lost out on a couple of good items from genuine first timers,but you have really got to watch out on the scams shame ebid doesnt nuckle down on it ,and use paypal at least you got a chance to get some thing back.there are a lot of good sellers and buyers here and most are pretty helpful but some pretty much rabbit on what you should and shouldnt do .i think most of us been scamed some time put it down to experiance best of luck
    you can use paypal but only if seller accepts it and ebid boot bad sellers as soon as they find out , learn to ask questionds it`s so simple, ? what is this supposed to mean lot of good sellers etc. rabbit on about what you should do , I MAY RABBIT ON BUT I WAS SCAMMED ONCE AND AFTER THAT I HAVE NEVER BEEN SCAMMED SINCE , I PASS MY EXPERIENCE ON I HAVE PUT HELPFULL LINKS ALL OVER THIS FORUM INC. ESCROW SERVICE BUT , PEOPLE ONLY COME HERE ONCE THEY HAVER LOST THEIR MONEY , SO TO THEM I SAY TOUGH , IF YOU CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO READ A FEW SIMPLE ANSWERS YOU DESERVE TO BE SCAMMED
    Last edited by merlin; 29th April 2008 at 08:21 AM.

View amcveigh200's Feedback (+19)
    All-About amcveigh200
    View amcveigh200's Listings
    Forum Posts

Until recently I had zero feedback because I was just starting. I'm not selling high priced goods, but, you can't right someone off for having zero FD, we all have to start somewhere. Ebid needs new buyers, sellers and a general increase in users. That means an increase in zero reted users who are trying to start out. Use your judgement to pay by the safe methods if you're not feeling 100%. But give people a chance. A seller that has alot of listings and payment methods is unlikely to be a scammer. Don't forget, sellers have to provide alot of secure details to be accepted as user of such payment methods.
    Above all, let common sense guide you. If you're not feeling secure, then don't bid.
    SHARK TEETH AND A HUGE RANGE OF FOSSILS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/WORLD-FOSSILS

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    your post makes no sense
    ????????????????? if you use escrow it has to be safe as the money will not be released until the buyer has item , the seller is protected from fraud too , nochex is not a escrow service ,

if anyone is selling expensive items and you want to buy it use your brains before hitting that buy button ask questions any good seller will accept escrow

if you ask i will give you a 100% safe escrow service provider
    With escrow (as I understand it), all the buyer has to do it say they've not received the goods when they have ie they're trying it on, and the seller doesn't get a penny. Essentially a seller seems to be sending goods out on some sort of a "promise", the seller being entirely dependent on the honesty of the buyer to say they've received the goods. A totally unacceptable situation from a seller's perspective.

But wiith escrow the buyer doesn't get their money back until the seller confirms the goods have been returned to them. That's how it protects both sides.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information