My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: fake ghd straightners

Question fake ghd straightners

can anyone advise me on what to do, i purchased a pair of hair straightners from someone selling on here, said they were authentic ghds but they are not i have had them checked, i have tried to email the seller who is not responding how do i report it to ebid
    many thanks for your help in advance

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

top of this page help section give details auction number etc

Forum Newbie
    All-About jenmcbride
    View jenmcbride's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I also purchased a fake, what is my recourse

Quote Originally Posted by sweepette View Post
    can anyone advise me on what to do, i purchased a pair of hair straightners from someone selling on here, said they were authentic ghds but they are not i have had them checked, i have tried to email the seller who is not responding how do i report it to ebid
    many thanks for your help in advance
    Hi sweepette, I also just made a purchase and ghd says it is a fake. What has your resolution been. Did you get any answers or find out what you can do about it. I paid through paypal and want to find out if I can file a grievance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View samart0152's Feedback (+122)
    All-About samart0152
    View samart0152's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile hello

It seems a bit quiet in here so I've just nipped in to say hello.Apart from making my own handmade cosmetics I'm also a qualified beautician,so I love talking about health and beauty,samantha.

Default FAKE GHD's

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcbride View Post
    Hi sweepette, I also just made a purchase and ghd says it is a fake. What has your resolution been. Did you get any answers or find out what you can do about it. I paid through paypal and want to find out if I can file a grievance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi, if you paid through PayPal you are protected , contact the buyer first tell them you want a full refund including postage, also tell them arrange for courier to collect at their cost, inform the seller you have had the item checked and they are fake. Items that are fake are illegal and you are well within your rights to get postage both ways paid, if they dig their heals in you have two choices, first they are fake so you should be able to report them to the authorities trading standards, if you send them back you will have no evidence the seller will know this so most probably will want you to send them back, personally I would email first if no reply then go through PayPal if you bought them from this site then report the seller , I would not send them back until I had been refunded and make sure you use a courier service that can track and prove delivery and recipt if you do send them back its a matter of choice the seller is banking on you wanting to get your money back but you have the fakes in your possession, if they say they are not fake then get them to provide you with proof of purchase from GHD, they will have bought these fakes from China at a fraction of the cost and they are not guaranteed and most probably dangerous to use

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If seller fails to respond, file SNAD with PayPal and report the seller to eBid. If you didn't use PayPal but used credit card. File a charge back.
    Dennis

Forum Newbie
    View divatude's Feedback (+1)
    All-About divatude
    View divatude's Listings
    Forum Posts

i just brought a chi flat iron and im waiting for it now, im a bit skeptical to whether its real or becuz when i asked the seller was it authentic i got no answer but when i asked how long do u ship she/he answered what should i do if i find it to be fake?

Forum Newbie
    Choppington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    All-About jt157
    View jt157's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paypal will not cover any fake items bought from ebid. I have just filed a complaint against a fake iphone and after ringing up paypal have been told they only cover for items on ebay. Outside of ebay, paypal only cover for items not received.
    I have been robbed £307 - will be taking to a small claims court.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jt157 View Post
    Paypal will not cover any fake items bought from ebid. I have just filed a complaint against a fake iphone and after ringing up paypal have been told they only cover for items on ebay. Outside of ebay, paypal only cover for items not received.
    If you financed it from a credit card, it might be worth trying your card company first.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jt157 View Post
    I for one wouldn't buy anything expensive like an i-phone etc from any auction site, sorry thats not much use to you, but maybe something to keep in mind for the future, make sure you leave suitable feedback and report to ebid.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information