Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Tell him there's no embarrasment in using a stick - I'm 64 and use one - tell him to be like me and get one of those fashionable metal ones like the hikers use - no-one will know he's not a hiker, especially if he dresses the part - I bought mine from the Range for only a handful of pounds, couldn't do without it
    Agree with this ^ ^ ^
    I would just buy one that you may think he would like, show him it when you got it home and place it in a prominent place that your husband would see and try out on his own.
    _ _ Men . . they are always tempted when no one can see them doing or trying things _ _

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Yesterday was a good day.

* Went to the laundromat and 4 loads of used clothing washed.
    * Stopped at the scrap yard and was surprised to make $56 off the cans and copper.
    * Went to my client's home and worked.
    * Got home and sorted the laundry, some had to be hung up to dry and others laid out to dry.
    * Let the cats out to hunt.
    * Loaded the truck to go to the thrift shop. The first thrift shop had the parking lot ripped up. Went to the second thrift shop and dropped off the donations. Went in to do some shopping and found some books.
    * Stopped at the lumber yard and another shop.
    * Stopped at the nature preserve and set a small fairy display. I have wanting to this for some time.

Today, I am not sure what to do since I was suppose to work until my client rescheduled for next week.
    I guess I will quick grocery shopping, get some more pictures taken of the clean clothing from yesterday and then see which project to do . (I really need to work on the garage doors - ugghhhhh! )

Gas boiler service etc today. Morning appointment booked so had to be ready for them from 0830-1230 and still waiting for them to turn up
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

I have been washing for 2 1/2 days solid , just because the sun came out, i have now finished and having a rest while it rains later and tomorrow

I actually had an appointment for a blood test this morning! Went to the surgery at the allotted time only to find they told me the wrong day - it's tomorrow.... All that worry about the gaping hole in my arm and the gallons of blood they would be taking was for nothing - and I have to go throught all that again tomorrow....

There's only so much a fella can handle y'know...

Any one interested in trying to make the profile of eBid more prominent?
    what I have done is showcase all my listings in an eye catching border, added a logo to the first (picture, main picture, which includes the site web address. When that listing gets to google not only does it display my listed item but also the address of eBid

If any one is interested of doing the same I can create a frame for your listing and a logo of your choice

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

With not working yesterday through my plans off . . .

* I did get grocery shopping done, went to the lumber yard and found some of my stuff.
    * Pull the window frames for the new screens to be installed. (Installing the screen today)
    * Burn the pile of branches.
    * Got a call from a client having a rummage sale and ask to come over that she had some quilts and if I was interested in them. (yes . . . I got them)
    * cats got some mice and chippies. (I dread what winter rodents will invade the house, but the cats will be on it)

Here's one of my favorite cows that's across the road. Love the face pattern.
    Name:  cow 1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  123.7 KB

Today . . .
    Manage to take some pictures of the items washed and before the wind starts in.
    Getting those screens put in.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poddster View Post
    what I have done is showcase all my listings in an eye catching border, added a logo to the first (picture, main picture, which includes the site web address. When that listing gets to google not only does it display my listed item but also the address of eBid

If any one is interested of doing the same I can create a frame for your listing and a logo of your choice
    Looks good - well done!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons hope you can get Mike to use the frame, or something Somer am afraid has had to use crutch the beauty of that can adjust to the right height so doesn't bend over to much, Irs hard for them to accept things, at the moment Somer is back to bed am afraid as every movement plays him up, hoping can get him to Drs for Flu jab tomorrow, hope Buttons you manage getting to the cash point.

Hope everyone is okay.

Sgt I here that there will be less Christmas stalls this year, so may be a bit easier for you to get around, hope alls okay with you

Quote Originally Posted by poddster View Post

Welcome to the eBid barracks Private Pod, Mine's a double G&T in the mess when it comes to your induction. Good that you are really thinking about promoting but I'm afraid the Generals told us some years ago that Google no longer accept photos with logos. All the eBid photos used to have the eBid logo on them in the corner in years gone by but I remember having to trawl through all my listings changing my photos at the time when Google brought in the new rule.

Lieutenant Maplegin I stay as far away from the Christmas Market as I can and will be doing even more so with Covid !
    I probably won't be doing Christmas this year anyway with everything that is going on here. My solicitor has written to his asking for my money to be reinstated until the finances are settled but I'm not holding my breath !
    He was meant to be putting up the hand rail for our attic bedroom today so we can get the building inspector back but there has been no sign of him as usual. He's doing nothing to help get the house ready to go on the market and I'm still having to do all the gardening. I just want to go now as I don't feel like it's my home anymore.

Glad you are enjoying the soup bowl Drill Sergeant Madelaine.

​Erm, hope they don't notice I lost another one yesterday ... one less thing to pack for Cornwall !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 17th September 2021 at 06:27 PM.

Thread Information