Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Well done little button - you certainly have done your best for Mike, despite not being too well yourself.
    I'm still trying to cope with JR's lameness, amongst other things. Seems like he has been fobbed off with a load of excuses from the quacks and hospital. They said it is all down to wear and tear on his joints due to old age. (He is only 74!)
    Lucia and I have asked him to use a stick to help walking, but he is so stubborn and says a NO!. I'm so fed up with seeing him shuffling about, it's almost an embarrassment.
    I guess I will just have to put up with everything until the day comes when he can no longer climb the stairs, sad times ahead, I reckon.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    (He is only 74!)
    Lucia and I have asked him to use a stick to help walking, but he is so stubborn and says a NO!.
    Tell him there's no embarrasment in using a stick - I'm 64 and use one - tell him to be like me and get one of those fashionable metal ones like the hikers use - no-one will know he's not a hiker, especially if he dresses the part - I bought mine from the Range for only a handful of pounds, couldn't do without it

Well done little button - you certainly have done your best for Mike, despite not being too well yourself.
    I'm still trying to cope with JR's lameness, amongst other things. Seems like he has been fobbed off with a load of excuses from the quacks and hospital. They said it is all down to wear and tear on his joints due to old age. (He is only 74!)
    Lucia and I have asked him to use a stick to help walking, but he is so stubborn and says a NO!. I'm so fed up with seeing him shuffling about, it's almost an embarrassment.
    I guess I will just have to put up with everything until the day comes when he can no longer climb the stairs, sad times ahead, I reckon.
    I started using one of these when I was in my 50's

Name:  51Ruk15DVnL._SL1200_.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.5 KB
    I bought one of these a few months ago and wouldn't be without them now

Name:  41ncVUTLnXL._AC_ (1).jpg
Views: 41
Size:  22.7 KB
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

I must be very fortunate indeed
    I became an Octogenarian in June and I don't need a stick. In fact I can still do 15 pushups without having a stroke.
    I put my good health down to positive attitude

Tell him to get a stick, i am even using Mikes stair lift to save my little legs going up and down stairs and i dont care who knows or see's me, i have also got a bath lift as i got stuck in the bath and couldn't get out. I know what you mean about is being embarrassing, when i used to take mike out and he was shuffling it was almost embarrassing but i wish he could shuffle along now.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to hear Buttons that Mikes leg is improving you are a very good nurse.

Think one has to accept sometimes life is easier with a stick when my hips are bad will now use a stick for safty, am afraid Somer has to use a crutch or stick otherwise he'd never get out, which isn't that much anyway

I am having a bit of a time trying to persuade Mike to use a wheel chair so we can go out for a walk round to the cash machine just round the corner, he wants to walk ( sort of) but if he falls on the concrete that will be it

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I am having a bit of a time trying to persuade Mike to use a wheel chair so we can go out for a walk round to the cash machine just round the corner, he wants to walk ( sort of) but if he falls on the concrete that will be it
    Can you make the point that it would injure you to try to pick him up? That might convince him.

P.S. serious enemy action yesterday left me with 50 less postcards listed!
    Last edited by madelaine; 16th September 2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Can you make the point that it would injure you to try to pick him up? That might convince him.

P.S. serious enemy action yesterday left me with 50 less postcards listed!

Congratulations on the sales, Madelaine.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I definitely agree that some support for walking is a good idea. I agree with Mandart that a walking pole would be good. Not for fashion reasons but because they really encourage good upright posture if the length is correctly adjusted. Walking sticks encourage a hunched walking posture. Get some good advice on the correct height adjustment for walking poles.

Thread Information