eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Default Flyers

Although I list the bulk of my items on eBid I still put some through £bay to pick up new customers. When they buy from me I then send them a flyer about eBid and how they can find me on this site. The outcome of this is that several of my buyers have come over here, signed up, and are now buying from me here instead of £Bay.

Only a few at the moment but I am sure that this will increase once they know about this site and that my prices are cheaper than £Bay.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    On ebid you can choose which countries to make your listings available to when you list. For example i have all my auctions available to all 14 ebid national sites. I've covered the P & P issues by setting International P & P as 'not known' International bidders are encouraged to ask me for the price ( you can of course set lots of 'actual' international postage rates- but i have over 3500 different items listed)

Hi, I'm in the process of signing up with Google Checkout and I like your suggestion to offer listings to all of the eBid countries. Is there a way to do a bulk update once my Google account is set up to add it to all of my listings? Also is there a way to do a bulk update to all of my listings to add additional countries and change the international postage to unknown?

I am printing flyers to have out in my brick and mortar shop here in the USA to let people know about ebid. I also updated all of my remaining ebay listings to say "see important info in my store" that then tells customers that I'm leaving ebay by the end of February, not renewing any listings and to see my About Me page for more info. My About Me page just lists my website which I do not sell on, so I believe that is ebay legal. If they click through to my website there is a link to...eBid! (set up for buddy points already).

Only been here a week now but find it to be a great site. I hope the buyers come over and selling picks up!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGingerJar View Post
    Hi, I'm in the process of signing up with Google Checkout and I like your suggestion to offer listings to all of the eBid countries. Is there a way to do a bulk update once my Google account is set up to add it to all of my listings? Also is there a way to do a bulk update to all of my listings to add additional countries and change the international postage to unknown?

I am printing flyers to have out in my brick and mortar shop here in the USA to let people know about ebid. I also updated all of my remaining ebay listings to say "see important info in my store" that then tells customers that I'm leaving ebay by the end of February, not renewing any listings and to see my About Me page for more info. My About Me page just lists my website which I do not sell on, so I believe that is ebay legal. If they click through to my website there is a link to...eBid! (set up for buddy points already).

Only been here a week now but find it to be a great site. I hope the buyers come over and selling picks up!
    Hi gingerjar.
    Two options. you can either use the 'export listings function' to export your listings to excel where you can edit them then reupload using the enid bulk uploader (you do need to delete the originals though) or...
    sometimes our lovely admin team will do a bulk edit for you. try emailing them at support@ebid.tv to ask. you may be pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by wineoclock36 View Post
    Pity they don't do a bit more, an editable drafted email with ebid logo would be such a help for everyone.
    I just can't get my teeth into one, don't know what to say!

perhaps if i hold my breath it might happen!
    But what points do you want to make, what are you hoping your buyer will do as a result? Is this a flyer for your buyers on eBay, or what?

Your flyer will be so much better if it's slanted to the things you sell (if you have a particular line). So what's special about them, what would interest a buyer?

If you hold your breath you'll just go red in the face!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Have not visited the forums for a while and there seems to be a fresh explosion of new members. Fantastic! Been very busy, but I really must up my listings count on eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Have not visited the forums for a while and there seems to be a fresh explosion of new members. Fantastic! Been very busy, but I really must up my listings count on eBid.
    Welcome back! We've even got a retro games arcade as well now!

Hi TheGingerjar welcome to eBid, before departing their clutches make sure you get the email addresses of all your past buyers so you can email them, also use Paypal Records. You can include people you've bought from as well, get them all over.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile Another Newbie arrives

Brand newbie here, Feet first, paid for seller + . All the alternative auction sites now experiancing extra activity this week, I wonder why?
    I have 9000+ positives and 1 silly neg on ebay. and also 7000+ positives on another alternative site and decided to list on 2 more, this site included . From what I read on all the forums regarding online auctions, many sellers are seeking new venues. And many are taking the buyers with them to new sites. Going to list postage stamps on here and see how it goes.
    I will just be patient and wait for the buyers to get here.
    Expecting to start listing in a few days time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

welcome inglewood. collectable items like stamps, coins and postcards are ideal for ebid as you can list all your stock - and keep it listed, without any fees. When you start uploading your listings I recommend you put some of your stock on as BINs so that they qualify for ebids free upload to google products. draw your buyer in via google, then when they get here they'll probably visit your ebid store and buy more

Thumbs up Thank for the info

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated, Anything that can promote traffic is certainly worth trying. You like my russian ice skater? somehow think you might . lol

Thread Information