- How do I register with eBid.
- How do I upgrade my account?
- How do I stop my subscription?
- Why can't I see the "Stop My Subscription" option in the dropdown menu on the "My Subscription" page?
- I don't think my email validation link arrived.
- Why do you have to email me a validation email? I want to bid now!
- I want to choose my own password.
- I've forgotten my password.
- I can't login to the eBid Forums area.
- Do I need to give you a credit card?
- I've been told I need to validate my account.
- I've been told my account is on Hold.
- Is it free to join eBid?
- Why is my username struck out?
- How can i change my username?
- Add eBid to your address book to stop emails being classed as Spam.
- How do I claim my free t-shirt?
- I'm entering the correct password but it's not logging me in?
- Do I have to give you my personal details?
- How do you assure the privacy of my information?
- How do I close my account?
- I've been told my account is on hold because I've reported spam.
- Can I view the site in another language?
- Can I import my feedback from another marketplace site?
1) How do I register with eBid.
It's simple. Just go to the registration page, fill out the form, choose which account plan you want (BUYER, SELLER or SELLER+) and submit it.
You'll receive a confirmation link by email that you'll need to click on then you will then have unlimited access to eBid.
Register as BUYER only you'll be able to bid and buy, not sell.
If you are listing an item for auction you will need to either upgrade to SELLER or SELLER+, see next FAQ below. A comparison of eBid account plans can be seen below also.
2) How do I upgrade my account?
You can upgrade immediately when you register by choosing SELLER or SELLER+ on the registration form. To upgrade any time after registering visit the "My Subscriptions" section of "My eBid". The details for each account plan can be seen below. This page will also show you what current plan you are on.
SELLER : upgrade fee : Lifetime £0.00
SELLER+ : upgrade fee :7 Day £1.99 | 30 Day £6.99 | 90 Day £16.99 | 365 Day £54.99 | Lifetime £99.98
SELLER+ Lifetime is currently available for £49.99 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.
Please note that all SELLER+ subscriptions apart from lifetime are recurring. SELLER+ subscriptions may be cancelled at any time via the dropdown menu on the "My eBid" > "My Subscription" section.
If you require an invoice for your subscription, this can be printed from the "My eBid" > "My Subscription" > "Print Invoice" link at the bottom right hand side of the page.
Compare Account Plans
|Suitable For||Bidding and Buying||Listing a Single Auction||Listing a Few Auctions|
|Can Place Bids, Make Offers & BuyNow||Y||Y||Y|
|Can List Auctions||N||Y||Y|
|Final Value Fee||N||3%||Choice of 0% (Free) or 2% (Gallery)|
|Integrated PPPay.com Checkout for their Buyers||N||Y||Y|
|Integrated PayPal Checkout for their Buyers||N||N||Y|
|Integrated Skrill(Moneybookers) Checkout for their Buyers||N||N||Y|
|Can Import Feedback from other Marketplaces||N||N||Y|
|Items Listed on Google Shopping||N||N||Y|
|Thumbnail Photo in Search Results||N||N||Y|
|BuyNow Price Available||N||N||Y|
|Auto Extend Available||N||N||Y|
|Access to eBid Ninja Lister Desktop App Bulk Uploader||N||N||Y|
|Access to eBid Spreadsheet Bulk Uploader||N||N||Y|
|Import Listings from Other Marketplaces via Ninja Lister||N||N||Y|
|Import Listings from Other Marketplaces Directly||N||N||Y (SELLER+ Lifetime Beta Access)|
|Can List Private Auctions?||N||N||Y|
|Customer Invoicing System||N||N||Y|
|Grouping Multiple Auctions||N||N||Y|
|BuyNow Only (Fixed Price) Format||N||N||Y|
|Run Until Sold (Store Inventory)||N||N||Y|
|Free eBid Stores||N||0||5|
|Scheduled Starting Times||N||N||Y|
|Scheduled Closing Times||N||N||Y|
|Can Create Discounts/Sales||N||N||Y|
|"Make an Offer" available on your listings?||N||N||Y|
|All SELLER+ options are available to SELLER if they choose the "Platinum" featured option when listing an item. A small listing fee is chargeable for this.|
3) How do I stop my subscription?
If you have a SELLER+ account and wish to cancel your subscription, go to "My eBid" > "My Subscription" and choose the "Stop My Subscription" option in the drop down menu. Please note your existing subscription will continue until its expiry date but will not be renewed on expiry.
4) Why can't I see the "Stop My Subscription" option in the dropdown menu on the "My Subscription" page?
If you have a SELLER+ account and cannot see the "Stop My Subscription" option in the dropdown menu on the "My eBid > My Subscription" page, the most likely reason is that eBid do not hold a card reference against your account and therefore we are unable to rollover your subscription or collect outstanding fees. Your last subscription may have already expired. You can check your last subscription expiry at the bottom on the "My Subscription" page. To rectify the problem update your registered card using the link provided on the "My Subscription" page. If you do not wish to continue with a SELLER+ subscription, we suggest changing your subscription to Seller, which does not incur subscription fees.
5) I don't think my email validation link arrived.
When you first register with eBid you will be sent an email to the email address you registered with. You will need to click the link located on this email to let us know your email address is valid. If you haven't received the validation email or have just started seeing this error message then :
- If you're a brand new user and do not see your validation email in your email inbox yet then please check your "Spam" or "Junk Email" folders as on rare occasions our emails are routed there. If our email does not appear to be anywhere then you should add email@example.com to your contacts/address book and then re-request the validation email by entering your email address or username into the Lost Password form here.
- Perhaps you typed your email address incorrectly (most common reason). It happens often. If you try and register another account on eBid it will not allow it if your email address is already in our database. So if you are able to register again then it means you typed it incorrectly the first time!. If you made a purchase and realise you used the wrong email address then use "Help > Contact Us" and we will take a look for you and attempt to merge the two accounts.
- If you've been a member of eBid for a while and could successfully login before today but have started see a "validation required" error then request another email here.
6) Why do you have to email me a validation email? I want to bid now!
We send you a validation email so that we know that you can receive email at the address you provide to us. It's our way of authenticating your registration. By doing this, we avoid problems of incorrect email addresses preventing a deal from happening, and of people registering other people without their knowledge and placing bids on their behalf.
7) I want to choose my own password.
When you first register you choose your own password. It can be changed on the "My eBid" > "My Personal Details" page.
8) I've forgotten my password.
If your username and password don't seem to be working, firstly check you are entering it correctly, you'll be amazed how many people mistake a small "L" for a capital "i" or have an incorrect computer clock. Secondly you can visit our reminder page where you can enter your username or email address and be sent a password reset link by email to your registered email address. The email you receive will identify the IP address of the person who requested the reset. You can find your IP address here if you wish to confirm it came from you.
9) I can't login to the eBid Forums area.
Logging into the eBid Forums area is done using the same username and password you use for the main eBid site. If you don't seem to be able to login this could be due to you updating your password at the Forums site without realising. This option has now been removed. Just visit the "My Personal Details" page of My eBid to change your password, this will update your details for the main site as well as the eBid Forums area.
10) Do I need to give you a credit card?
Registration is FREE. If you are listing an item for auction you will need to upgrade your account to SELLER or SELLER+ status, each will give you differing access to our selling facilities. A credit or debit card can be used via our secure payment providers. A credit or debit card is currently the only method of obtaining a Security Subscription. SELLER requires a free validation of your card, SELLER+ requires a 7,30,90,365 day or Lifetime Security Subscription to be purchased. To see current SELLER+ Security Subscription prices and to upgrade view the My Subscriptions section of My eBid.
11) I've been told I need to validate my account.
On the email you receive when you register there is a link you must click on that tells us you received the email ok. If you haven't done this yet then do it now. The email should arrive immediately after you register. If you haven't received the email then go to our lost password page. You can enter your username or email address here and submit. The validation email will be sent out to you again.
12) I've been told my account is on Hold.
To keep eBid as clutter free to allow genuine sellers a clean and efficient marketplace in which to trade, we ask all sellers to not break our posting rules
If any of your items cross this boundary, ALL your auctions will be deleted without notice and your account placed on hold. When you try and login while your account is on hold you will find you are locked out. To remove this ban, please email us using the contact form in the Help section stating the item(s) you posted to create this ban and that you will not post such items any more. Please do not email us asking us what you did wrong, a simple apology will re-open your account almost immediately whereas a long winded email conversation will waste ours and your time.
If you state you will refrain from posting banned items and are caught a second time, the same will happen.
If you are caught a third time your account will be locked on a permanent basis. It is up to you to read the posting rules and abide by them, users are told about the posting rules when they start an auction. "I didn't realise" won't be a valid excuse!
Continuous negative feedback will also see your account placed on hold. Always make sure your first feedback is positive otherwise your account could be investigated.
Holders of multiple accounts will also be placed on hold.
Users suspected of bidding on their own auctions (shilling or shill bidding) will see their accounts placed on hold.
Users with incomplete address details will be placed on hold.
13) Is it free to join eBid?
Joining eBid is completely free, just sign up with our form here. You can be bidding within a few seconds. Once you have joined then you will have the option to upgrade to SELLER or SELLER+ status to allow yourself to start selling.
14) Why is my username struck out?
Your account has been placed on hold. The most common reason for this is users found to have not read our posting rules and subsequently breaking them, they will be placed on hold without notice and in many cases have all current auctions removed immediately. Please make sure you read our posting rules before contacting us.
15) How can i change my username?
If you have registered and have made a mistake with your username or have a valid reason for changing, please contact us via the "Contact Us" tab on our "Help" index page section and if applicable we will make the necessary changes. There is a limit of 18 characters. We cannot accept spaces in the Username and characters such as stops and hyphens are not compatible, although underscores are acceptable. For security reasons, on the Help Section Contact Form please ensure you enter your registered email address.
16) Add eBid to your address book to stop emails being classed as Spam.
AOL Email Version 8
- Within your "Inbox" Click on the "Mail options" arrow then click on "Address Book".
- Having clicked on "Address Book" another screen will pop up.
- Click on the "Add Contact" button then either type or copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the screen name section.
- Within your "Inbox" Click on the "Mail options" arrow then click on "Address Book".
- Having clicked on "Address Book" another screen will pop up.
- Click on the "+" sign with "Add" written beneath it.
- An "Address Card" will then appear. Either type or copy and paste email@example.com into the screen name section.
- Within your "Inbox" open an eBid email.
- Click on the "More options" link to the top right-hand side of the message.
- Click on the "Add sender to contact list" option.
- The highlighted message "The sender has been added to your contacts list" will then appear if this has been done correctly.
- Within your "Inbox" click on the "My Settings" link in the top right-hand corner just above the "Search" button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the "My Settings" area.
- On the right-hand side there is a box marked "Security" and the first link is the "Approved List".
- Click the "Approved list" link.
- Either type or copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the box beneath "Add a new address or new domain name" and click on "Add".
- Click the "Contacts" tab that runs across the top centre of your Inbox.
- Click on "Safe-list".
- Either type or copy and paste email@example.com into the box and click on "Add".
- Within your "Inbox" click on the "Options" link in the top right-hand side of the screen beneath the "Search" button.
- A list of mail options will appear on-screen.
- Click on the "Address Book" link in the "Options" box on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on either of the "Add Contact" buttons.
- Either type or copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the "email" box and click on "Save".
- Then click "Done".
- Within your "Inbox" click on the "Contacts" tab situated above the list of your new messages.
- Click on the "New Contact" button.
- Either type or copy and paste email@example.com into the "email 1" box and click on "Save and close".
- Go to "Actions" menu.
- Select "Junk e-mail".
- Select "Add sender to safe sender list".
- From your "Inbox", click on the "Addresses" link in the Main menu on the left-hand side.
- On the "Addresses" page, click "Create Address".
- A form for entering new address names appears.
- Either type or copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the "*Email" box.
- Enter a "Nickname" such as "eBid" into the "*Nickname" box.
- Click "Save".
- The address is created.
- Within your "Inbox" open an eBid email.
- Click on the "Add to Address Book" link at the top right-hand corner of the message.
- The "Address Book" should already contain the email address (email@example.com).
- You will need to fill in both the Firstname and Surname fields with something relevant such as "eBid".
17) How do I claim my free t-shirt?
After upgrading to SELLER+ Lifetime, simply contact us via our contact form on the Helpdesk index page with your username. We will check it out and mail to your registered address.
18) I'm entering the correct password but it's not logging me in?
This is one of the most common questions we are asked. Please check the list below prior to contacting us.
- You will not be logged in if you have CAPS LOCK on, passwords are case sensitive. You will not be logged in if you type the wrong password, i, I, l, L, 1 all look the same but a computer sees them as different as S and P.
- You will not be logged in if your computer clock is wrong, the cookies we set are dependant on a correct clock.
- Try logging in using an alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
19) Do I have to give you my personal details?
Yes. We do require your personal details from you, and all information provided must be accurate. Once registered, you may be asked to provide us with additional documentation if further verification is sought or required. If you do not provide valid information as requested we may immediately suspend your account without notice.
20) How do you assure the privacy of my information?
We value our own privacy and yours, and do not abuse your information. Specifically:
- We disclose your information to other eBid users only when a sale is made between two parties.
- All the personal data entered is recorded and stored in a secure database.
- We will not sell or give your name to other organizations for them to contact you.
- We will disclose your contact information to other users who have a valid reason to contact you.
- We will use your contact information to send you invoices plus any notifications, newsletters and announcements you opt into via My eBid > My Notifications.
Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it. Aggregated data is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
To help provide any other services that you have requested.
To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
Email questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome or Firefox) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
Track traffic patterns to our site to determine your interests. This behaviour tracking allows the tailoring of advertisements you see on our website and other websites to reflect your interests.
Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
Opting In and Opting Out.
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Disclosure of member information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content infringes the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support). Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other eBid user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant. eBid IPIP Programme participants in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose name, street address, city, county, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from those who attempt to carry out fraudulent or illegal activities on the site, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
303 Wey House
15 Church Street
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the service if there is a change in the law or our operational requirements. We will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer if we have to modify or cease the service for reasons beyond our control if we give you at least 30 days notice. In certain exceptional circumstances beyond our control we may have to change or discontinue the service without giving you this amount of notice. If this is the case we will give you as much notice as we can.
If you do not wish to use the new operating rules or policies you should not continue to use the service after the notice requirement.
21) How do I close my account?
To close your account please open a support ticket advising you wish to do so. For security reasons please ensure the email comes from your registered email address and please advise your registered telephone number. Please also ensure you have a zero account balance. Click the HELP link in the page header and follow the tab to CONTACT US. If you simply want to stop a recurring SELLER+ subscription, just downgrade to SELLER status via "My eBid > My Subscriptions".
22) I've been told my account is on hold because I've reported spam.
Some eBidders have contacted us to tell us their eBid accounts are inaccessible after they have reported emails we've sent them as spam. We don't send spam so please don't report any of our emails as spam, it affects our reputation with email providers greatly when this happens.
Please visit "My eBid" > "My eMails" and turn off any emails you don't want. Also some people have been reporting forum thread subscriptions that they asked to be sent to them as spam, please, if you don't want it don't sign up for it, and definitely don't mark it as spam when it hits your inbox. There are links on every email we send (apart from our fee invoices) to stop them being sent to you.
23) Can I view the site in another language?
If you are viewing an eBid site on which the local language is NOT English then you will be able to view the site in English if you wish. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a dropdown menu with English as an option, just select English and submit.
Please note that you will be required to list your items in the local language still if you wish your items to be uploaded to Google Shopping. eg. eBid Germany, you can view the site in English but your items will need to be listed in German still.
24) Can I import my feedback from another marketplace site?
See the Feedback FAQ.