Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    yes Sal is very welcome anytime
    Every one is Welcome in Here

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Good Fried Day everybody. Great tunes and Pics everyone. You are some really talented folks. Love the creativity.

I'm movin' a little slow this morning. I spent all Wednesday on ladders working on barn roof rake and eaves repairing wind-storm damage. I then had planned to do just light-weight tasks Thursday, but my Electric water heater gave out overnight. Thus, I needed to man-up and install a new water heater down in the ol' low basement Thursday. I am now a really sore puppy. Time to hit the pain killers.

My ol' Hotpoint heater was neat to me (I am warped) as it had calrods wrapped onto the outside of the galv. tank and not the normal internal elements. No mineral build up with that design. I have never seen another one like it. In my old house the piping is all heavy galv. pipe so I was really workin' the pipe wrenches. Too bad that a great old vintage unit had to go, but I didn't find replacements calrods available so I had to modernize.

Now that I have "modern" unit I bet I will be replacing it about every 10 years now.
    My old heater had an inspection tag dated 1971 on it and that was from an inspection from a plumbing remodel elsewhere in the house (circa 1850). They truley don't build things like that anymore! I really think it was installed about 50 years ago.

Great weather in forecast for today and weekend here so looking forward to that next job. Hope all enjoy your day everywhere and have a great weekend.

Last edited by mcc1146; 30th May 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know how you feel mcc. I'm still recovering from pool/deck work last weekend. What used to take me one Saturday to complete now takes three full weekends.
    It is great to be handy around the house though, saves big money. I don't know about you but I enjoy doing repairs myself.
    Going to try and tackle pool heater repair next week. Just have to figure out how it works and figure out which part/parts need to be replaced.

All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Al, Yes I do enjoy doing my own jobs and learning more stuff as I go. Staying busy keeps me out of trouble I guess. I was thinking about your knees while you were doing all of that flooring work. I am glad you finished and it looks so cool. Hats off your way

All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another tune as I get started motivating... up and at them....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lazdg-eqmQ

bye...........
    Last edited by mcc1146; 30th May 2014 at 11:58 AM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oooh, I love the Moody Blues! I wanted that song ('Nights In White Satin') for our senior prom song, but everyone else wanted Bryan Adams so I got outvoted. Oh well, I still started the big food fight, so a good time was had by all.

Rainy and humid here, feels like a jungle, ugh. Went to the derm yesterday and I'm back on my spiro, yay! I can feel my face getting better already, (OK, not really, but it is hopefully a step in the right, not so red direction).

Cheers,

Work day today and I hear distant thunder so I will probably be gone shortly.

I am so proud of myself, I had a leaky hot water handle in the bathroom, and I fixed it myself! Not as complicated as MCC and Al, but I didn't have to call a plumber. I have been puzzled by it for some time as I set it back and it keeps slipping. This time I removed some of the hard water lime and it works much better now.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Work day today and I hear distant thunder so I will probably be gone shortly.

I am so proud of myself, I had a leaky hot water handle in the bathroom, and I fixed it myself! Not as complicated as MCC and Al, but I didn't have to call a plumber. I have been puzzled by it for some time as I set it back and it keeps slipping. This time I removed some of the hard water lime and it works much better now.

Complicated nothin! Learn by doing, I always say. If the dang darn thing squirts ya when yer done then ya did it wrong. That's when "Men" decide we are qualified to screw something else up.

Thread Information