Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SORRY TO BRING THIS UP ONCE AGAIN !!!!!!!

Default Re: SORRY TO BRING THIS UP ONCE AGAIN !!!!!!!

We did receive your email with the 'get rich' type listings and we did remove all of them. The users have re-listed them so we are now in the process of banning members who have abused the system for a second time.
    We would still well information on members that are listing inappropriate items to abuse@ebid.co.uk

It should be pointed out that we are indeed proactive in combating this problem. We are presently building software that will allow you to report directly from an auction listing page directly to us with a simple click of a button if you think the listed item is of an inappropriate nature.

Thanks and regards
    Mark
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

THANKS MARK FOR A WHILE I WASNT SURE IF YOU RECEIVED IT AS SOME OF THE EMAILS I HAVE SENT HAVE NEVER ARRIVED TO SOME :wink:

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    We did receive your email with the 'get rich' type listings and we did remove all of them. The users have re-listed them so we are now in the process of banning members who have abused the system for a second time.
    We would still well information on members that are listing inappropriate items to abuse@ebid.co.uk

It should be pointed out that we are indeed proactive in combating this problem. We are presently building software that will allow you to report directly from an auction listing page directly to us with a simple click of a button if you think the listed item is of an inappropriate nature.

Thanks and regards
    Mark
    Just bumping this coz of marks advice on what to do with info on this type of prob - lets make sure they all go to the right addy to be dealt with

Could be quite a busy addy at the moment my dear... 8)

Can't beat a good ](*,) ...BUMP... ](*,) ...Now & Again.. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by f3speech
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

Thanks and regards
    Mark
    Just bumping this coz of marks advice on what to do with info on this type of prob - lets make sure they all go to the right addy to be dealt with
    F3, thanks for bumping that, I'd not seen it previously, it goes back way before I joined up.

My first reaction is enthusiasm, seeing Mark wants to do something about this, and has an excellent solution.

My second reaction is to note the date.

Where is that button?

If this is how long it takes to implement something that the lads have declared they want, something that takes what, 20 lines max in PHP or Perl (anyone know what the server uses here?).... well, previously I've made a number of website suggestions and received positive responses, but now I know how likely they are to be implemented.

I know it can't be easy to run around keeping all the plates spinning, but please be frank with us, guys. There is NO point in people making suggestions if you're just going to say how much you like them, then stick them way down the priority list. And instead spend your time revamping the front page so as to make little material difference except to reduce the size of the fonts to damn near unreadable.

Bah, humbug!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Interesting load of drivel that needs a ](*,) ..BUMP.. ](*,) .. :lol:

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

bump!

Whose attn are you hoping to get, with all this bum ](*,) ping?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1
    Whose attn are you hoping to get, with all this bum ](*,) ping?
    dunno... maybe they are bumping it for your button idea - would make sense rather than having to go look for then type out the email addy

Just shows ya...barneys have been goin `on since the beginin` on here

Thread Information