eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No, no reserve notification on the auctions

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the detailed reply, very interesting. Even though as sellers we're not typical buyers, it's still extremely useful to look at our own buying habits and see what we can learn!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply, very interesting. Even though as sellers we're not typical buyers, it's still extremely useful to look at our own buying habits and see what we can learn!
    Anytime I set up a new auction, I try to set it up as if it were being read by a person who is using online auction sites for the first time. In other words, don't assume anything. A first-time buyer isn't even going to know what a "reserve auction" is, much less what it means if it is met or not. So if the auction is not a reserve auction, why have something on the page that's just going to confuse the first-time buyer. Spell everything out so that it is clear and concise to that first-time buyer.

I put so much information into my pages, it is the primary reason why I don't get much listing done... it takes so long to list each item. Want a sample? Go look at any of my listings for any video item.... any information that is on the cover is listed on the page.... synopsis, running time, type of audio, closed-caption ability, copyright dates, stars, co-stars, director, producer, etc. And now that eBid is allowing 5 free photos, I'm going to go back and add back covers to the listings as well. I want the buyer to have the same ability as if he or she was picking the item up in the store and looking at the front and back covers, and to be able to see all the information that is listed on them.

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

I have to agree having a reserve that is nowhere near the start price is pointless, perhaps listings with a reserve should have a start price enforced, of say 80% of the reserve so it is at least realistic.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

As a buyer, reserves are a negative. Auctions are a risk, if seller can not risk letting item go cheap, then they should step up to the plate and put a higher first bid amount on it.

As a seller I just don't use them, seems to damper biding/buying. People see them as suspicious or tricky.

Makes sense to have an R if there is a reserve, nothing if no reserve. Easy to understand. Colors are not practical, monitors vary and some people are color blind! Did not like the flashing, it is as bad as those pesky adverts that dance across the screen.

We have debated the merits/liabilities of reserve price auctions previously in older threads. Sellers can choose to use reserve prices if they want, and buyers can choose to ignore reverse price auctions if they want, end of story. Let's try to stay focussed on the main topic of this thread, icons for reserve price auctions.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    We have debated the merits/liabilities of reserve price auctions previously in older threads. Sellers can choose to use reserve prices if they want, and buyers can choose to ignore reverse price auctions if they want, end of story. Let's try to stay focussed on the main topic of this thread, icons for reserve price auctions.
    Na !!!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

na!!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Here is the thread URL for posting comments and ideas concerning reserve price auctions as an entity...

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=121186

I'll even bump it for you.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here is the thread URL for posting comments and ideas concerning reserve price auctions as an entity...

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=121186

I'll even bump it for you.
    Don't put yourself out, we know !

Thread Information