My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wysiwyg advanced editor changes

Oh now there's a suprise Microsoft have released a program that isn't really ready!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

LOL, Ken.

I didn't even have to remove IE8, found out when we download any version of Internet Explorer, it replaces anything it finds already installed.

I opened one of my listings in IE7, used the Advanced WYSIWYG, and it worked like a charm. I'd be interested to hear from anyone using a browser other than IE8 if they continue to have problems.

So, it's possible the solution to this problem is . . . either use FireFox when you work on your listings, or go to Microsoft's home page and download IE7.

Smile Up and running again!!!!

Thanks everyone for help & suggestions, just removed internet explorer 8 and replaced with 7 and all is working well again like a dream.
    Linda

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I forgot to mention before that I am using IE8 now as well, so now I have to downgrade to be able to use the advanced item description editor? Don't Microsoft have any brain cells between all the staff there? You have to wonder lol! I'll make sure to stop by Microsoft and let them know how their IE8 does not allow me to use the advanced editing item description on eBid.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    I forgot to mention before that I am using IE8 now as well, so now I have to downgrade to be able to use the advanced item description editor? Don't Microsoft have any brain cells between all the staff there? You have to wonder lol! I'll make sure to stop by Microsoft and let them know how their IE8 does not allow me to use the advanced editing item description on eBid.
    It's not the only one. Youngest made his own WYSIWYG editor and that does not work in IE8 either.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

While IE8 was installed on my computer, I had problems editing with FireFox as well. That puzzled me, so I typed "IE8 problems" into Google to see if there was any connection, got 10 pages. Browsed through them, and there are numerous posts that not only does IE8 not work, it interferes with other software running at the same time. I keep both browsers open when I'm adding pictures from Photobucket, so that was probably why FireFox didn't work. Have now updated with the advanced WYSIWYG editor, both on IE7 and FireFox, and had no problems at all.

I hope Mark and Gazza aren't wasting time trying to fix this.

When I installed IE8 my browser tabs were gone and so was the Back button, two things I use often. After trying to find a way to add them, I got frustrated and uninstalled it.

I think Microsoft's latest goof may induce a lot of people (I'm one of them) to switch to FireFox as my default browser.

Got a big bonus. Hotmail works better in FireFox. Which is really strange, because Hotmail is a Microsoft product.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

I'm currently having other issues with my computer and I am working with Microsoft on resolving those issues, while I am at it, I have notified them of the issues with EI8 and not being able to edit listings on the adavanced WYSIWYG setting and have told them it is everyone who has installed EI8 that sells on eBid who is experiencing this problem, and they do need to be informed of all bugs and issues at the end of the day. I'll post what information I get in response.

For the time being, I'm going to uninstall EI8 and go back to EI7.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Where do you get the Beta version?? I only see HTML Plain & Simple editor for choices. HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

Thread Information