My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Thank you eBid for easy listing

Default Thank you eBid for easy listing

I want to thank eBid for making my task as a seller so much simpler than it would at FleeceBay. The listing form contains all the essentials without all of the complicated scripts running in the background. The eBid listing form loads quickly on my outdated computer and I can crank out 40 or more listings in an afternoon like I did this past Sunday. Compare that to FleeceBay where the scripts make my computer run slower and slower with each successive listing such that by the time I'm done putting up less than 10 listings, I have to reboot. Part of the reason FleeceBay's form needs all the complicated scripts is that it constantly updates you on how much your listing is going to cost depending on whether you use auction or fixed price, listing duration, upgrades, etc. So that's one more endorsement of eBid's no listing fee policy. They don't charge me listing fees so I can list more items more quickly.

To be honest, I don't know why FleeceBay uses complicated scripts at all. In fact, they are adding scripts to many more of their pages such that I will soon find just using any part of their website to be slow and absolutely frustrating. Maybe they think this is a sensible way to get me to buy a new computer? If I do, I will certainly not buy one on FleeceBay!

A happy eBid user,
    Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a pleasant change. Normally people complain about it being too difficult, although they might just mean it's different

Default Nice comments

Nice comments Mark,,

welcome to eBid, i'm sure you'll do well here, you have the right positive attitude.

I've just had my best month so far and things will only get better, & any problems just dip into the KT and there is always someone just a click away to help you out. There are some real friendly folk on here.

Mel

TY Books for the welcome, though I have been here for over 6 months. I have enjoyed some success as a seller, and, in fact, I'm one of those rare forum users who has a higher feedback rating than the number of forum posts I've made to date

I agree with meebo1, just the concept of change scares some people and keeps them stapled to their chairs and using FleeceBay rather than coming here.

Ergo,
    Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    TY Books for the welcome, though I have been here for over 6 months. I have enjoyed some success as a seller, and, in fact, I'm one of those rare forum users who has a higher feedback rating than the number of forum posts I've made to date

I agree with meebo1, just the concept of change scares some people and keeps them stapled to their chairs and using FleeceBay rather than coming here.

Ergo,
    Mark
    Many apologies Mark, should have looked at your auctions and your about me pages.

Anyhow, keep on listing.

Mel

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

I definatly notice the improvements in listing just since i have been here. Thanks for the ease of posting auctions, and the improvments for posting auctions. 5 free pics., unheard of, very simple and easy to use.

I'm selling on here at a better rate than I did on Feebay, so definitely won't be selling on there any more.

(Doesn't mean I won't be buying when what I need isn't here though!)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information