My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newbie question about inventory

Red face Newbie question about inventory

Lets say I have a listing on Ebid for a movie. The same movie is also being sold through my Yahoo Group newsletter. If someone purchases it from the Yahoo Group is there a software program that will remove the listing, or is it done manually?

Thanks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you sell an item elsewhere, that is listed on ebid, you need to manually delete the ebid listing.

Hello. There has to be a synchronizing program somewhere that would do it. Feebay has it for their pro stores. It would be great for those that sell on multi-sites. If you stumble across it I'd like to know about it.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Asking for trouble if you are not on the ball
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Asking for trouble if you are not on the ball

LOL Bless - do you like the way the OP got it the right way round though - if it sells elsewhere do I have to remove it from here....

Sorry OP that was not sarcasm on your behalf - I wish you all the best with your sales here

I think it was a very good question from the OP. There is programs around that keep all your inventory and will remove your item from all sites when it sells. I haven't looked around much or know how much it would cost. Your listings are not automatically removed from eBid. You have to manually remove it.

A man of quality does not fear a woman seeking equality.

Canuck, I believe it was Prof. Leary who said that women who wanted equality with men are setting the bar far too low. : ) Eh, if you can't make fun of your own gender, what can you make fun of.

Seriously, thanks for the response folks. As I am just getting into this business after several years of research, the $50 lifetime fee appears to be a great way to get my foot in the door without shelling out major bucks. The limited exposure hopefully will be mitigated by my Myspace website (which is still in first stages), craigslist ads, and Yahoo Groups ads.

Thanks again!

Canuck, I believe it was Prof. Leary who said that women who wanted equality with men are setting the bar far too low. : ) Eh, if you can't make fun of your own gender, what can you make fun of.

You'll score some points with that one! he he Glad you have come aboard. Goodluck with your endeavors.

Ebid isn't "listed" on yahoo per my recollection. What yahoo offers are mailing lists for people looking for items to buy, I believe its groups.yahoo.com if you want to check it out. A good way (free : >) to advertise and keep customers in the loop as far as new merchandise.

Thread Information