Thread: Importing feedback from other sites

Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View Aflonsouth's Feedback (+986)
    All-About Aflonsouth
    View Aflonsouth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Importing feedback from other sites

Quote Originally Posted by shockv2
    DAMN IT!?!?!? I really wanted my feedback transferred......pffff......I hate eBay if I had a gun i'd shoot em...*The website ufcourse haha*
    Goodmornin Shock ,

hmmmm kinda of reminds me of British Airways not being too chuffed when Virgin Airlines came along and we all know how that turned out ..so keep the faith peoples....
    Use the Feedback site for showing your auction feedback it is free , you can update it, and they provide a link you can paste it to your auctions here..!!! Things are always quiet this time of year with holidays and school summer hols coming up I have noticed most sites are down on sales.
    I think Ebid is up and coming .....ans staying!!!!!!
    Derry :wink:

Ooops, should've transferred mine when I first registered here. Didn't realise they'd stopped doing that now.

Good morning.

I tried to get my feedback moved over from Ebay but got this email from Mark yesterday.

Hi Paula

Im afraid we have had to cease the importing of feedback due to legal pressure from the company in question.

Our apologies for this

Best regards
    Mark
    eBid Support

So it looks like we are not able to do it anymore

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lemongraphics
    Ooops, should've transferred mine when I first registered here. Didn't realise they'd stopped doing that now.
    Have sent a PM

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pghshop
    Good morning.

I tried to get my feedback moved over from Ebay but got this email from Mark yesterday.

Hi Paula

Im afraid we have had to cease the importing of feedback due to legal pressure from the company in question.

Our apologies for this

Best regards
    Mark
    eBid Support

So it looks like we are not able to do it anymore

Have sent a PM

Quote Originally Posted by f3speech
    I think the general gist is that you can't import fb from anywhere, that's how I understand it.

You can use www.feedbacksite.com to show fb from most auction venues
    I had a little problem with using www.feedbacksite.com on my Ebid auctions - they put my e-mail address up on the screen, which I don't want, as I don't want spambots to pick up my e-mail address from my auctions. Is there any way to prevent the feedbacksite.com link from showing my e-mail?

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

not as far as I can see, but you could use a hotmail account or something (can't remember what happens at registration). That way you will only have to display a junk account. Then you can post underneath not to contact you there - contact you via your auctions

im been on eBay since august 2012 fees are so high and not making any money at all, i do i transfer my feedback from eBay i want to move totaly to eBid once i do that i can sell cheaper and still make at least some MuLA !

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndtimeAroundSales View Post
    im been on eBay since august 2012 fees are so high and not making any money at all, i do i transfer my feedback from eBay i want to move totaly to eBid once i do that i can sell cheaper and still make at least some MuLA !
    Hi,
    The previous method was to go to your My eBid > My Feedback and follow the steps as indicated. It worked well.

However, Ebay has recently notified members of a change in the rules regarding their About Me Pages.

This change has an negative affect on the current instructions in the eBid help link - as to where one is to place the unique eBid code that allows a transfer of member feedback onto this site.

This posting on the Ebay site states:

Starting the week of June 2nd 2014, About Me pages will no longer be available--and as of February 17th 2014 date, About Me pages will no longer be able to be created or edited....

Since we are past the cutoff date, the time seems to have passed for creating a page and/or editing in a unique code over there.

Angry Re: Importing feedback from other sites

Just a final check here... I'm pretty new to ebid but am I right in assuming after reading most of this thread that the folks at the "Bay" have effectively shut down the ability to import feedback from them to eBid?

If so how come some sort of disclaimer hasn't been added to the Import Feedback page here? This is kind of misleading. One of the major reasons I came to eBid was that I read about the Feedback Import from the Bay. It wasn't till after I read the forums that I started to suspect that it's not going to happen.

Thread Information