Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Confused about Google Submissions

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Confused about Google Submissions

Gazza, a little help here. Yes, I've search the forums before writing this.

I have been doing some research on ebid's google submisions.

I do not find any ebid url's or exact phrase searches for Auctions, Stores or About pages. However, Greedbay Stores are found on the google search engine.

I understand that ebid Auctions are submitted per your criteria on certain dates of every month. But have found no ebid auctions on google.

Here's a quirky result I received when searching for member name "X". I found nothing about member name "X" but everything about member name "Y". I found everything about member name "Y" except ebid pages.

Are auctions not showing up in google because once submitted it takes month(s) for google to put them in their search engine?

Confused and looking for answers.
    Thank you Gazza.
    Last edited by Maxx; 28th March 2009 at 06:57 PM.

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

I think you are confusing google the seach engine, & google products (also called base/shopping or froogle).

eBid's regular uploads are to google products these do seem to be having some problems at the moment

Pages found on google the seach engine are indexed by google automatically, so the criteria for them is the same as for any webpage.

No idea why you can't find eBid pages on the search results, I know googling my usernames bring up eBid listings, forum postings etc with no problem at all.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB
    Last edited by Gothicina; 28th March 2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yay!! Finally sussed out how to upload my own store stuff to Google Base. I wouldn't say it is an intuitive process. Took a bit of trial and error. Eventually got it to take my submission and the first of the items has just appeared in a search.

Hooray for me.

The items will show up under Google shopping... I noticed a slight bid increase activity on my items since I started doing it. Yeah! I started in March and rI esubmit my database every month.

Leslie

That's great if it helps and brings more customers to you and ebid.
    I just viewed my source code and I see meta tags already inserted so I'm not going to mess with it. I'll let ebid do their thing. I'll use google base for other stuff, but not on this site. It's already submitted appears to me.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    That's great if it helps and brings more customers to you and ebid.
    I just viewed my source code and I see meta tags already inserted so I'm not going to mess with it. I'll let ebid do their thing. I'll use google base for other stuff, but not on this site. It's already submitted appears to me.
    Was that direct at me? If so then if eBid has been submitting listing data to Google Base (Products) then they have not been appearing for a while and are still not. So either they are not submitting the data or Google is rejecting it.

Thread Information