Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: The EBID COLLABORATIVE ART PROJECT- Category.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The EBID COLLABORATIVE ART PROJECT- Category.

OK. OK. I know it hasn't really taken off yet, and maybe it won't. BUT, on the other hand it might, and it might draw in people from the outside world as much as anything out of curiosity. This upcoming magazine article might also make it worthy of inclussion, just because of it's quirkiness and typical English eccentricity.

I have NO IDEA how it should be laid out - Perhaps somethign like this? - :

ART / SELF REPRESENTING ARTISTS / EBID COLLABORATIVE ART PROJECT.

This way, anybody that wants to get involved can find all the available pieces in ONE easy to find place.

Simple links can be made to the project, and even simple links can be printed in and by the press to make access easy to follow from a printed publication.

make it like a Lobster trap. - Draw them in with curiosity, then entice them to stay with our freindly atmosphere and great bargains.

- OK...... Fee free to shoot me down.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    bargains.

Bang!

Sorry, I think the reality is, it's a little quirky idea that a handful of people will have some fun with. I don't think delusions of grandeur are going to change that. But as I said before, I'll be happy to be proved wrong!

All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Bang!

Sorry, I think the reality is, it's a little quirky idea that a handful of people will have some fun with. I don't think delusions of grandeur are going to change that. But as I said before, I'll be happy to be proved wrong!

Thanks Kim.

I'll class that as one positive vote for giving the idea a try. You are of course quite correct in agreeing that it's a quirky little idea that a few people will have fun with.

I do know that I have delusions of grandeur. I always have done, and by combining it with my other fantastic mental talent Obsessional Compulsion Disorder (which is sometimes quite unpredictable), I have managed to achieve some notable landmarks. After all, how do you think I earned my name? - Not by a series of rational actions, that's for sure. I have launched a record company based solely on having a dream. I launched a reasonably long standing magazine, I have interviewed rock stars, photographed royalty. I have been dangled out of a Chinnook helicopter to take a photo, and flown to France with a local politician for a jolly. Now, I have to confess, I'm not particularly good at anything.... What I am good at though, is convincing people that I am!

So, the idea is in your own words. quirky and fun. Two words which draw media interest like bees to honey or flies.............(almost went too far.)

To draw media attention to Ebid, away from any other better known auction sites, we have to have something different. it would have to be somethign along the lines of:

"I bought this thing for 27p and sold it on Ebid for £45,360.49p (give or take a couple of pennies.)"

OR

"I sold 27,000 items on Ebid in just one week, I sold my cardboard box on the Embankment and bought a Knightsbridge Penthouse Flat on the proceeds."

Much as I admire all those who slog away buying things for 50p a pop and making a healthy profit of £1.25 on a day to day basis. Even if they make a healthy living from it, they don't make a very inspiring news item. It's ceertainly not soemthgin that cannot be found on the other side. If it was all down to profitability, then I would expend all my efforts over there. Yes the fees are higher, but so are the number of sales, and the profit margins in most cases.

I continue to come back here to be a thorn in the side, because I like it. It is more fun, and I want Ebid to become a serious contender, not just an 'also-ran'

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh yes..... and irrational ranting. I'm quite good at that too.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh yes..... and irrational ranting. I'm quite good at that too.
    Everybody's got to have a hobby.

Go Crazy Jay go! Don't let other people bother you. I like to try and keep an open mind on alot of things. I'm no art buff but I'll be tracking the progress on it. Glad you had the courage to come forward with your idea's. I bet there is lots of other people that have good idea's as well. Hope the negativity shooters don't stop them from posting. Some people are alot more reserved than others.

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

More power to you Jay! I feel all ideas should be tried. Who knows? If it fails, it might give someone else an idea that succeeds! If it succeeds, then there you go! Lots of great ideas and discoveries have come out of some hare-brained schemes.

Love to all
    Poppa

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK. OK. I know it hasn't really taken off yet, and maybe it won't. BUT, on the other hand it might, and it might draw in people from the outside world as much as anything out of curiosity. This upcoming magazine article might also make it worthy of inclussion, just because of it's quirkiness and typical English eccentricity.

I have NO IDEA how it should be laid out - Perhaps somethign like this? - :

ART / SELF REPRESENTING ARTISTS / EBID COLLABORATIVE ART PROJECT.

This way, anybody that wants to get involved can find all the available pieces in ONE easy to find place.

Simple links can be made to the project, and even simple links can be printed in and by the press to make access easy to follow from a printed publication.

make it like a Lobster trap. - Draw them in with curiosity, then entice them to stay with our freindly atmosphere and great bargains.

Please can you explain a bit more how this works? are you suggesting our artistic ebdders (Yorkie with his photography, Ken with his paintings etc..) list items under this one category- ands once it's populated we get ebid to promote the category?

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

CrazyJay

2 comments for you!

Variety is the spice of life
    and
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Have fun
    Sharon

All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    Please can you explain a bit more how this works? are you suggesting our artistic ebdders (Yorkie with his photography, Ken with his paintings etc..) list items under this one category- ands once it's populated we get ebid to promote the category?
    Hi Hannah.

Not exactly. An artist wold still present his or here work under the normal self representing arttist categories as per normal.

The Collaborative Art Project is only partially based on buying and selling, and partially based on creating the work of art - Each person who buys it, adds their own touch, then re-sells it - (either by auction, or by set sale)

so far there is only 1 such piece being worked on. I started it, then listed it for 50p (£1 including postage) - Rednosty bought it, added a little more work to it, then re-listed it as an auction. That auctionends in a day or so time.

It was only an after thought that IF this idea takes off, then the seperate pieces will be floating about in all sorts of categories, because nobody will really know where the best place to list is. So Ithought, if there was one category, for Collaborative Art Project, then they will all be in the same place.

some people may not want to be creative with paint but still want to become involved - Perhaps somebody wants to start a photographic collage, maybe a sculpture? - Maybe even somebody will write the first chapter of a book, then sell it on for somebody else to continue, if they feel more creative with words than with images. I don't know where it could lead. BUT, it could all come under the category of collaborative art, and be a point of media interest.

Maybe, as has already been suggested, it's all a pipe dream, and doomed to failure - I don't know.

Incidentally. My incomplete novel THOROUGHLY ENGLISH HOODLUM is NOT part of the collaborative art project, and is not to be completed by somebody else..... However, if somebody would like to partake in a novel collaboration, then I'm certainly up for taking up that challenge.

Thread Information