eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gazza Mark, This is what buyers are up against

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks like it's a firefox incompatibility ( but I can't be bothered looking at the code right now!) - it displays okay in IE, Safari and Google, but not FF3.

Popular auctions is broken html in firefox (firefox renders pages, and especially CSS rather differently from I.E.) so a page that looks perfect in I.E. will be broken in firefox - if everything was done by W3C xhtml markup standards and used the W3C validators (Other html validators are not always correct, and W3C is the industry standard.. recognized by a majority)

However Microslop has their own ideas of what is "standard" (Read: We want our own proprietary standard so that internet will only work with OUR software, and we can make ridiculous sums of money from licensing fees)

So, the popular auctions page works fine in I.E. but breaks in Firefox. due to out of date or non standard HTML tags.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Getting back on track,

I have just had a look at "Ben CartwrightLE" (work that out ) and the landing page for each individual listing is as clear as a bell - all the info the buyer needs IMHO is all there without the need for scrolling - I like it! As an aside that site offers agreat deal of flexibility between buyer and seller.

Don't get me wrong, I want ebid.net to succeed over all, I think it is the best venue at present. As I said earlier, my original post is geared towards suggestion rather than criticism, but there is a need to make comparisons and report back so to speak.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    Getting back on track,

I have just had a look at "Ben CartwrightLE" (work that out ) and the landing page for each individual listing is as clear as a bell - all the info the buyer needs IMHO is all there without the need for scrolling - I like it! As an aside that site offers agreat deal of flexibility between buyer and seller.

Don't get me wrong, I want ebid.net to succeed over all, I think it is the best venue at present. As I said earlier, my original post is geared towards suggestion rather than criticism, but there is a need to make comparisons and report back so to speak.
    Yes, it looks cleaner over thereZLE, with the description near the top. The "landing page" here is a little "busy", and you could scroll for a while if there are several pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    Yes, it looks cleaner over thereZLE, with the description near the top. The "landing page" here is a little "busy", and you could scroll for a while if there are several pictures.
    I'd go as far as to say that 'ZLE is best in that respect.

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Anymore views on this from those who haven't chipped i yet?

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information