eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: why wont they leave feedback?!!

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always used to leave it for my buyers when they had let me know they had the item and were happy with it,when I was somewhere else that we all know.
    On here I leave feedback when I am paid, if they do not leave it to let meknow they have the goods I send one system generated invoice,and then forget about it,must admit its more important when starting up or if you just dont have much.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Default Lost glasses

Yay - I've finally lost my glasses
    Come and have a browse - you know you want to!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bookshed

Come and check out my Savage Gear fishing lures
    in my new store!
    http://tackleshed.ebid.net/

http://twitter.com/Bookshed

A very big thank you to ruthiewildchild for designing my new banner
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....heir-all-about

I like feedback A LOT...

It really p*sses me off when a buyer doesn't leave feedback! I'm hopelessly addicted to Buddy Points, and want more of them. I get more when a buyer gives me positive feedback. But even if a buyer is not happy, I want to know why! I can't fix a problem that I do not know exists. One buyer bought items from me several times. The last 2 times, they did not leave feedback, even after being nudged... So I blackballed them. I know that's a naughty thing to do, but I think it's better than taking revenge by changing my feedback for them. Leaving neutral feedback after the fact will just intice the buyer to do the same, and it reflects badly on whoever does it. This way, if they come back again to bid on my stuff, they will find out that SOMETHING'S WRONG... and maybe, JUST maybe, they will find the courage to ASK me what's going on.

I know feedback is not essential, much like COMMUNICATING. But what is to be gained by ignoring a person? People who don't leave feedback probably don't take this website seriously. In fact, they probably also don't take much of anything else seriously. Pity on them.

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I like feedback A LOT...

It really p*sses me off when a buyer doesn't leave feedback! I'm hopelessly addicted to Buddy Points, and want more of them. I get more when a buyer gives me positive feedback. But even if a buyer is not happy, I want to know why! I can't fix a problem that I do not know exists. One buyer bought items from me several times. The last 2 times, they did not leave feedback, even after being nudged... So I blackballed them. I know that's a naughty thing to do, but I think it's better than taking revenge by changing my feedback for them. Leaving neutral feedback after the fact will just intice the buyer to do the same, and it reflects badly on whoever does it. This way, if they come back again to bid on my stuff, they will find out that SOMETHING'S WRONG... and maybe, JUST maybe, they will find the courage to ASK me what's going on.

I know feedback is not essential, much like COMMUNICATING. But what is to be gained by ignoring a person? People who don't leave feedback probably don't take this website seriously. In fact, they probably also don't take much of anything else seriously. Pity on them.

Mark
    They will not be able to ask you whats wrong on an auction if you have blackballed them, because black balled people cannot ask you questions.
    TBH if I was blackballed for not leaving feedback the chances of me bothering to ask why would be 0%.

Well as a seller & buyer I think communicating IS essential. If a seller don't communicate then they will not get
    1-Payment as I don't pay without an invoice 100% of the time if I have not dealt with them before.
    2- sellers who don't communicate will be ignored after failing to reply to a question

Buyers simply need to bid or use buy now, then pay. Simple If a buyer then CHOOSES to leave feedback then thats a bonus.
    If a problem occurs then the buyer should communicate with the seller first IMHO before doing anything else, if the seller then fails to reply then the buyer should take further action they deem fit.

In my opinion, some people might not take leaving feedback as a perogative especially if they have nothing to gain whether they do or don't. They just browse the internet for something that they are looking for...and buy it with no thought of whether or not they will be returning to shop at the same place again. Even though I had one buyer who didn't care to leave me feedback, at least she did email me to let me know that she had received it and was happy with it. That makes it good enough for me. I did ask her to leave me feedback, but at the end of the day, I would rather have her happy and perhaps return to purchase more items than to have her annoyed at my bugging her for something she doesn't give a fig about.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I must say , Communcation is more important than feedback ....if a buyer says they have the item and are happy , then at least I know all is well .....but I still agree that feedback might help other buyers to buy from me..........Papa.

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braders6 View Post
    Same here..sent 5 requests but nothing. I have left feedback for them...how long do they have to respond..?

Cheers
    braders6
    They don't have to respond.

I find 0 Feedback buyers (80%) don't leave feedback, most of my buyers are 1st time on ebid, joined the same day as they have bought of me
    I only give feedback when buyer has received and left a response

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

Even after receiving a couple of reminders above that feedback is strictly voluntary, I still find my situation preplexing. I had a good working relationship with a person who left me positive feedback for previous transactions. Then after buying two more items from me, the person left feedback for only one item. I nudged them for feedback on the second item, but I received no response. Then they made another purchase from me, and again, no feedback even after a nudge. I know the person did not drop dead because I saw one of my former items reappear on FeeBay not long ago. So it's not like the person is too busy or inconvenienced to leave feedback. I have no choice but to assume something is wrong in this situation, and the person does not want to communicate with me. I guess they just wanted my items, and when they were able to resell those items at a profit, I received feedback as a belated dividend. I know I shouldn't take anything so seriously, but I believe in eBid and feel strongly about building a good trading community. When someone comes here, takes what they want, and everyone else can suck lemons for all they care, I feel that I have a partial responsibility to do something constructive. But what should that something be?

I will de-BlackBall the person who doesn't talk to me. My actions were inappropriate and ironic given my mission statement about making eBid a better place. Thanks for pointing it out. I agree that receiving any positive communication is better than receiving feedback. But it's no secret that a great many people use feedback and take it seriously. Case and point: look at what happened at FeeBay when they changed the feedback rules to remove a seller's ability to leave non-positive feedback for buyers. The FeeBay discussion boards lit up like a fireworks factory in an electrical storm. Feedback is a part of the online auction experience. When someone doesn't leave feedback, the scholar inside my cerebral cortex demands to know why.

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdarts View Post
    I'm new here but I have seen something done on other sites that may or may not work but I will share with you anyways.

Seller states somewhere on auction that feedback will be left for buyer once feedback has been left for seller. (not sure of exact wording but that is the jist of it).

Can't see why it wouldn't work.
    Our position is that if a buyer has trusted us enough to send money, having faith that we will ship the merchandise, they deserve positive feedback. I appreciate the fact that eBid lets us modify the feedback if there are problems with an unreasonable buyer, but so far that has never happened to us, either here or on GreedBay. Our feedback rate is around 50% on both sites. It's something we just accept, about half the buyers won't take time to leave feedback. So be it. After all, we did make a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1066 View Post
    They don't have to respond.

I find 0 Feedback buyers (80%) don't leave feedback, most of my buyers are 1st time on ebid, joined the same day as they have bought of me
    I only give feedback when buyer has received and left a response

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sold something to someone with a feedback rating of 147.
    I was just about to leave feedback for them - curiously checked out to see what comments they had left for others first.
    I was amazed to see that out of 147 positive feedbacks received, they had only left 7 comments for their seller(s).
    I must say, I thought that this was a bit naughty, especially as the seller had taken the time to leave good feedbacks for 140 items.
    Rightly or wrongly, I decided to wait and see if I would get a comment in feedback .... nope
    I think I am beginning to understand now, that people who take eBid seriously genuinely want to up their feedback rating, and are happy to leave feedbacks.
    Others (not always first time buyers) care little or nowt about eBid nor their sellers and simply choose not to bother ... I guess that's their prerogative.

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information