Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Potential buyers from non-Ebid countries?

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View aj8's Feedback (+66)
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Potential buyers from non-Ebid countries?

An interested collector from Thailand wants to purchase a few items from my sports pin site. But as the potential buyer is in Thailand and cannot register on ebid.net (he or she has emailed me and stated as such) and thus cannot buy the items direct on Ebid. I looked on the registration form and it seems that you can only register from the Ebid countries listed. He has emailed me and asked if I would list them on Ebay (I have listed on Ebay in the past but haven't done so in a good while due to the hike in costs, fees and new restrictions regarding pay methods, etc.) In fact he went to Ebay and used their internal email system to contact me.

I responded that I would like to do business with him but as I have paid the fees on Ebid, I would prefer to stay with Ebid. I offered to go through the Paypal invoice system for non-EBay auctions with a detailed listing of the items he wants to buy. Paypal and PPPay are the only online pay systems I accept at this time. I don't know of any other way to do it.

I don't care to pay to list them on Ebay right now. What if he doesn't purchase them after alll, then I have paid even more money to NOT sell anything Things are slow.

I wish that Ebid could be more global. That is one problem I have with Ebay. Ebay started charging an extra fee to have an item listed "globally". When I started over there listing internationally or globally was a part of the original way of doing things.

So what are you to do if someone shows an interest in your items and he/she doesn't live in one of the listed Ebid countries? Any ideas?

Just send him an Invoice through PayPoo or better still through Google Checkout and he can use his credit card.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I send them a link to an online auction site run by other ebiders who have run into the same problem in the past and decided to set their own up site, then list the items there. ebids loss is their gain

Thread Information