Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Hello, I am new to eBid - wondering...

Forum Newbie
    All-About MonasHome
    View MonasHome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Hello, I am new to eBid - wondering...

I don't have anything listed as of yet.

I am wondering how sales have been recently. When I do a search of closed auctions (of course I am searching things similar to what I would list) it seems that sales are not going too well.

Any comments, suggestions...

Thanks,
    MonasHome

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MonasHome View Post

I am wondering how sales have been recently. When I do a search of closed auctions (of course I am searching things similar to what I would list) it seems that sales are not going too well.

Thanks,
    MonasHome
    Hi and welcome. as this is a free to list site sellers can list as many items as they want- for as long as they want, and have them auto repost every 3 days ( or 4, 5 days etc..) Sellers can afford to list items that may only sell once in a blue moon. So not surprisingly there appear to be a lot of unsold items in the 'closed area. The difference between here and feebay is that the unsold items you are seeing would probably never have got listed on feebay because of the fees!.
    If you're looking for a site to compare against- look at somewhere like Amazin where it's free to list and the expected sale rate is one sale a day per 100 books listed.

All that said, sales are harder to get on ebbid so you should do your homework and play to ebids strengths which include free listing, free auto reposting, free upload to google products, fairer feedback and many more payment options

Quote Originally Posted by MonasHome View Post

Thanks,
    MonasHome
    A warm welcome MonasHome, As HannahHolly said it doesn't matter how long it takes to shift something here as you are not paying out huge amounts on relisting fees.
    There are buyers here but a bit of effort is needed to get yourself going as it's a smaller site than greedbay.

Put on a signature link to your listings this thread will help.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959

Then take your time having a good look at the Promote eBid and your eBid shop forum and get your name onto all the website links that have been offered by other kind sellers.

Let previous customers that you have a good repore with know where you are and do a good 'About You' page to inspire confidence from buyers.

Maybe buy one or two things to kick start your feedback and remember to log in and out quiet often to refresh the time you were last seen in your shop so customers know that you are around.

Hope this helps and good luck with the sales.

Welcome to eBid,

I have to say its been very strange for me, I have had 4 sales this week with bids on 2 more items after having 3 months with no sales!

If you are a business I would suggest that you keep selling on other sites as well as here as sales can be painfully slow.

If you are a private seller, list everything you can here, its free to list and you can relist as many times as you want without it costing you a penny!

Good luck
    Now selling Air Dry Clay click here.

Hi there, welcome to the ebid family. As others have said, it's very different here to eb#y and sales are certainly much harder to come by.... but while you're working to build up your shops and reputation, it's a very friendly place to be. Everyone is very helpful and if you get stuck with something, just come to the KT and ask, someone always seems to come along with the answer.
    Good luck!

Thread Information