eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had their gallbladder out?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Anyone had their gallbladder out?

Off to see my consultant today. Fully expect him to want to do a 'cut and shut' on me gallbladder.

Surgery seems a bit excessive to me for something that is currently annoying rather than debilitating. Anyone had this done? How much of a deal is it - am I just being a wimp? Any problems afterwards?

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a friend had it done..apart from having problems if she ate anything oily/greay afterwards..she was fine..took a while to recover thou..hope it goes ok...can they do keyhole for gb ?

Likewise - I have a friend who had it done and was told to avoid spicy foods afterwards. She doesn't! Pretty much living her life exactly as before. Can't remember if it was keyhole or not, or how long it took to recover. A couple of weeks, maybe.
    I have another friend who used to be a nurse but has recently become more interested in alternative/complementary therapy and she highly recommends a liver cleanse which is also good for the gallbladder. She knows several people who were facing surgery which was then unnecessary after they followed the cleansing programme: http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp She's a very practical person (not the hippy dippy type!) so I would trust her judgement. But she does recommend starting the cleanse on a day off work, as you will need to stay in close proximity to the bathroom! And do the preparation work first (as explained in the link).

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

sounds horrid, hope you get on ok Astral

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK girls...
    I have had my gallbladder removed....I was in hospital for one day...keyhole surgery...never looked back ...made me feel ten years younger compared to how I felt before having it removed...

Have a click...You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Off to see my consultant today. Fully expect him to want to do a 'cut and shut' on me gallbladder.

Surgery seems a bit excessive to me for something that is currently annoying rather than debilitating. Anyone had this done? How much of a deal is it - am I just being a wimp? Any problems afterwards?
    are you looking for a used one ?? maybe we get a few folks from the neighborhood to check around for either a new or slightly used.does that cheer you up.??

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-St...-1-Coins-Stuff
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-Stars-New-Store1
    ALOHA !!
    I am a Newie from Ebay and really enjoying Ebid.
    Mahalo to all of You Here on Ebid...

Forum Saint
    View FairMaiden's Feedback (+600)
    All-About FairMaiden
    View FairMaiden's Listings
    Forum Posts

Friends dad had his removed by keyhole surgery 2 weeks ago. It was on the point of bursting. He is in his late 70s and I too can happily report that he was up and about very shortly and now feels great! Sure you will to Astral.

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

My wife had hers out and home in less than 8 hours. Laser and suction removed hers. She was sore for a couple of days. Sure put the pressure on me if i have to get it done.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Non event. They can't decide if it is gallstones or kidney cysts causing the pain. Basically told me to learn to live with it unless it gets worse. Oh well...one more pain in my body to cope with will not make much difference.

Default gallbladder

Hi there,
    i had mine removed 5 years ago, along with 4 Gallstones that i still have i a test tube.(YUK) The stones were a build up of all the rubbish eaten over the years, and when i ate spicy foods or greasey stuff, the pain was really bad. The scar is a big one, but glad the op was done. No more pain! was in hospital 4 days,
    Spiritcat xx

Check My feedback from the feebay auction!
    by clicking
    and search for feebay id and spiritcatkay.

Thread Information