eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Checkout for Ebid!

Wink Google Checkout for Ebid!

Hello again!

As I'm based in Ireland & I've successfully signed up to Google checkout - my question is - do I need to sign up to "Google Merchant" so that I can obtain the id number and key that is required for eBid (with regards to offering any buyers if they wish to use Google checkout!)

Many thanks!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have a read of JewelEffects excellent guide here: http://www.jeweleffects.com/merchantaccount.html

As I understand it Google Merchant is only available to sellers in the UK and USA - so you and I are excluded - which is very annoying!! We can buy via Google checkout but not sell?

Quel dommage mais merci et bon soir!

So, do you think I should not offer Google Checkout to my buyers and just stay with paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by candlebridge View Post
    So, do you think I should not offer Google Checkout to my buyers and just stay with paypal?
    If you can accept it then allow buyers to use it, if you cannot accept it then that choice is not there. Google is cheaper than paypal

I would be using Google Merchant like a shot rather than Poopal but can't cos I am in France - I thought you said you are in Ireland? So we have the same problem as it is only available to the USA and UK. You can have a Google account to use as a buyer but not a Google Merchant account as a seller.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've not used it myself yet but one option for international payments could be www.alertpay.com

It services all the eBid community territories except India and from what I have been told is cheaper than poopal.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thanks lofty - perhaps candlebridge and I should have a look at that one!

I hope Google Merchant will increase its availability to other countries soon - they seem to be considering it - but don't say when it will happen!

Is google merchant absolutely 100% free?I`ve looked at it a few times and thought somewhere down the signing up line they are going to ask for money that i wont part with considering my sales total so far has come to 4!

Thread Information