Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gazza, Item Description all over the place

Default discriptions

Wow, my head is swimming! Pasting from notebook, saving in Word etc?

Just use ebid's simple edit feature instead of advanced; pull up similiar item w/description, make changes right to form and post. Can't imagine why I need to save all my descriptions to word and cut & paste from there to ebid (same for using turbo lister, auctiva, etc. just more to go wrong).

Text is not fancy, but simple is fine too. In my old age, I conclude that content sells, not a fancy listing. How many times have we seen a listing with video, dancing bears, etc, that forgot basic info (measurements?) or a clear photo?

Am I alone in keeping it simple?

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default open office.org

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Hi Gazza,

I'll attach two links to listed items on my shop so you can see what's happening to the item description on listing and how it should be.

This is what is happening:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....646&mo=auction

This is how it should be:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....642&mo=auction

When I copy and paste, everything is in the right order, everything is how it should be, then I save, then I check the listing and everything is all over the place lol!

As you can understand, I need to make changes to my listings' "Item Description", number one, because I'm expanding shipping to the USA and I like to put a pre-combined shipping list on the item description, number two, adding a new payment method for Great Britain "Postal Order" which I need to include information on that in the item description so people know I only accept that method for mainland Great Britain, and number three, because I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes which are my bad lol!

It's taken approximately 40 minutes for me to do around 6 listings because I'm having to save, re-edit - copy/paste things back into the right order, save, re-edit - copy paste again etc. Realistically, I should have been able to do around a 100 listings in that same 40 minutes.

I hope the above links are useful and can hopefully pin point the issue.

The reason I like to put "pre-combined" postage price lists on my listings is so customers can see the combined shipping prices so they are not blindly buying multiple items and then being surprised by the shipping cost lol!

I'm on Windows XP (Home with Microsft Works not Office), running Internet browser Explorer 7.0.

Thank you )
    Open Office is free download, ebids listing tool will work with that software.

Copying and pasting from word worked in the past. At one time it created problems and after creating a support ticket, were remedied.

All the issues were born again last week.

Since I copy and paste into all my stores from word, I resent being told to change.

Since December I have had so many issues posting on Ebid (from the Time Warner issue, to formatting issues, to editing issues to gallery issues to billing issues) I am struggling to wonder if it is worth it.

Two nights ago I had a sale. I needed to invoice the woman immediately as I had to get the item to UPS within the hour. It took 90 minutes to get it to the point where it registered as a sale, not just auction closed. Then I was unable to edit the shipping. I had to pretend it was going internationally to add the extra dollars for express shipping.

I am through venting but not feeling a whole lot better.
    Find deep discounts on Top-Shelf items such as Cell Phones, Lifestyle Products, Musical Instruments, Clothes, including Victoria's Secret, Shoes as well as Sporting Goods
    http://bestvalues.ebid.net/
    Don’t forget to bookmark our site!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've placed a new WYSIWYG editor live and in beta, so anyone wishing to try it please feel free.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We've placed a new WYSIWYG editor live and in beta, so anyone wishing to try it please feel free.

Gazza
    The one on the sell form *looks* just the same. Should there be noticeable differences? And where does one find the beta stuff? ta!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The one on the sell form *looks* just the same. Should there be noticeable differences? And where does one find the beta stuff? ta!
    I found it. Just went to my defaults and it is at the top next to the other types WYSIWYG(beta)
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah... sounds like "live and in beta" doesn't exactly mean what it says on the tin Thanks Wiz!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Click "beta" radio button, click "save general defaults", editor resets to simply WYSIWYG. Oops. Can select it from drop-down under description box though.

Thread Information