eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Put off listing...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need a human to look at pictures and determine whether or not they might be the same. A piece of code can check if two titles match, in the blink of an eye. It makes no economic sense to have all duplicate checks done manually. Just keep the titles different and there's no problem.

I make no comment about G&M's knowledge of massagers.

I am bothered to learn that things are *still* being removed without notice of any sort - I thought this was one of the improvements we asked for that they said had already been implemented. I think it's completely unacceptable not to tell people what and why things are removed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

I make no comment about G&M's knowledge of massagers. .
    Neither do I - I am innocent - but always ready to learn!
    Last edited by SEEDYNEEDSNMORE; 8th February 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    Hi Lofty,

It's not always just a case of just button clicking as and where though is it.
    I came across a book seller today with over 4000 listings, most of which seem to be listed twice. Only about 400 or so are in book categories, with the rest scattered all over. I reported a few and added a message about the rest of the listings, but nothing has happened as yet. Are we expected to report each and every one of the 4000 listings? This is why the site needs a "Report this Seller" option. That way, you could give a brief message outlining the problem, and the management could investigate it. You only need to look around a few categories to see the size of the problem.

Further to this post, I have reported some more of these listings and once again explained the problem with the rest of his listings. All that has happened is that the few that I reported have been deleted, but everything else seems to have been ignored. There is a difference in reporting a few listings to being faced with hundreds or even thousands. The new software doesn't seem to be picking up the duplicates, and there are far too many to report individually. So, what is the answer? On another thread recently somebody contacted support about a seller, and was told to use the report auction button. So, back to square one

Thread Information