My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: why wont they leave feedback?!!

Getting better - had a couple of buyers leave feedback now - so that is nice - and hopefully that will encourage new buyers.

Sales are non-existent - but still live in hope that it will get better.

I see the sunglasses have disappeared from my feedback - at what point do they disappear ??? I thought it might have been once you reached 10

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

Quote Originally Posted by JB7339 View Post
    Getting better - had a couple of buyers leave feedback now - so that is nice - and hopefully that will encourage new buyers.

Sales are non-existent - but still live in hope that it will get better.

I see the sunglasses have disappeared from my feedback - at what point do they disappear ??? I thought it might have been once you reached 10

Jules
    Glasses disappear at +5 & -1 but come back if you go back to +4 or 0

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Guys,
    Sorry to hear that you have the same problem as I do.......but at least I know now that it's not just me.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdarts View Post
    I'm new here but I have seen something done on other sites that may or may not work but I will share with you anyways.

Seller states somewhere on auction that feedback will be left for buyer once feedback has been left for seller. (not sure of exact wording but that is the jist of it).

Can't see why it wouldn't work.
    IMHO, when a buyer pays for something in advance, trusting that I will send it, I owe them feedback.

When I ship the item, I enter their feedback, send a confirmation email, and ask for their feedback when they get the merchandise. We had the same problem on GreedBay, less than half of all buyers leave feedback. So be it. Our numbers are slowly climbing, and we do have our GreedBay feedback in our "All About the Seller" page.

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always leave feedback for the buyer as soon as I have payment and send the item, the problem is the buyer does not do the same as often.

I recently sold 19 items to one buyer, they paid straight away and I left them feedback for the 19 items. That buyer has gone from 0 to 59 in less than a month, looking at their feedback they have purchased 59 items from four different sellers in the month and have not left feedback for any of the purchases, Their feedback has grown by 59 quickly and four sellers have a lot less feedback than they should have.

I recently had a buyer who didn't leave feedback either...even though she did email me to let me know she received the item and was happy with it.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many of my buyers have not left feedback either - but I still feel that since we can change feedback on this site there is no reason not to leave a buyer who pays positive feedback right away. In the long run it's the buyers we want to encourage.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find buyers are less likely to leave feedback on here too.

I'm not bothered, though I suppose it would be nice to see my feedback rating go up a bit more, to give future customers more confidence in me

I leave feedback first immediately after payment ( to let buyers know I've recieved their order & payment), and often get really nice emails thanking me for the items etc when they arrive, just no ebid feedback lol!

I reckon it's just a case of the buyer forgetting, especially if they seldom use ebid. I admit - when I've bought something off here, I've sometimes been slow (ie nearly forgotten ) to leave feedback myself .

And let's face it - if you are a newbie - the feedback procedure isn't very 'in yer face' is it? ( took me a while to figure out)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

but if the buyer is emailing to say they are happy, then surely you could reply to that email to say thank you for your lovely comments, would you mind putting a short note in my feedback to let others know that you received a good service? its not like a "cold call" if they wrote to you already?

Thread Information