My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gazza, Combined invoices

Exclamation Gazza, Combined invoices

Gazza, I sold two items. One could be shipped first class mail because it was under 13 oz. The other could only be shipped parcel or priority because it was over 1 pound. When I tried to make a combined invoice, it was impossible because it still gave the buyer the option of first class mail [which was no longer an option with the weight now being over 13 oz].

I sent my own invoice to buyer with correct shipping options. Just thought I'd let you know.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

This shipping options available should only be the ones you opted for when you started the auction.

Can you let us know the ids of the auctions where the choices available are different to those which you chose when you started the auction.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I understand it, the problem here is that when combining items with previously valid options, these become invalid *because* of the combination, but are still being offered to the customer. So there needs to be some sort of "this can no longer apply" option for certain US posting types.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    As I understand it, the problem here is that when combining items with previously valid options, these become invalid *because* of the combination, but are still being offered to the customer. So there needs to be some sort of "this can no longer apply" option for certain US posting types.
    Also something for Uk as if you sell more than 1 item and combined weight is over 1000g & you have 2nd & 1st class, then you cannot send by 2nd class as the max weight for 2nd class is 1000g
    Price wise there is also a very big difference, £2.49 for 1000g 2nd, but 1001 g 1st is £4.30 & standard parcels is £4.20

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Kimbo, Correct.

Gazza: 1st auction: 1226940019-970-0 which would be shipped first class because it was under 13 oz.

2nd auction: 13211714 which can only be shipped parcel or priority since it is over one pound.

When I tried to combine invoice, it still gave the option of first class which I could no longer use because the weight of the combined items was over 1 pound. If there was a way to delete first class I could not find it.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Florida,

For 13211714
    you chose one option = Priority Mail
    For 1226940019-970-0 you chose tow options Priority Mail and First Class

So you would like the option to remove the First Class option from the dropdown so that the buyer could not choose this method when paying the invoice. Am I on the right track here?

If I'm right then this is the first time we've received this request so there is not currently any method in place to do this.

We have 2 options.
    1) Give the seller the option to delete a method of shipping whilst they are creating the invoice
    or
    2) Have a checkbox near to the Save & Send button that will hard code the choices you make in the dropdowns and not give the buyer option of changing them when they come to pay.

Let us know your thoughts.

Gazza

eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Florida,

For 13211714 you chose one option = Priority Mail
    For 1226940019-970-0 you chose tow options Priority Mail and First Class

So you would like the option to remove the First Class option from the dropdown so that the buyer could not choose this method when paying the invoice. Am I on the right track here?

If I'm right then this is the first time we've received this request so there is not currently any method in place to do this.

We have 2 options.
    1) Give the seller the option to delete a method of shipping whilst they are creating the invoice
    or
    2) Have a checkbox near to the Save & Send button that will hard code the choices you make in the dropdowns and not give the buyer option of changing them when they come to pay.

Let us know your thoughts.

Gazza
    Gazza, Give the seller the option to delete a method of shipping while creating the invoice. I can not offer first class on combined shipping for these 2 items because the weight goes over 13 oz.

It would also be nice if there was an option to add another choice of shipping when creating a combined invoice. When I listed these two items I didn't offer parcel post on either, but when combining shipping on the two items I offered the buyer parcel or priority since I could no longer offer first class.

Thanks.

There have been other threads requesting "editable" invoices, sounds like that is what is needed here. Choose the type shipping you want, optional insurance, sales tax, etc. Not that I have any experience with eBid's invoicing, but the invoices on the dark side are very user friendly.

Thread Information