My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Font definitions appearing in Description

Default Font definitions appearing in Description

As I create a new ad and get ready to submit, the font definitions are appearing in the description and I have to manually delete them.

I created a support ticket. Its an issue that happened a few months ago. I create my ad copy in word and paste and stick it in the description. Once the pic is uploaded the font definitions appear.

Support fixed it a couple of months ago and I'm sure they will again.

Anyone else having the experience?
    Find deep discounts on Top-Shelf items such as Cell Phones, Lifestyle Products, Musical Instruments, Clothes, including Victoria's Secret, Shoes as well as Sporting Goods
    http://bestvalues.ebid.net/
    Don’t forget to bookmark our site!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would strongly urge you not to use Word to create html. It creates horribly complex and poorly-constructed code, and the opportunities for it going wrong are many and varied. How about looking for a simple html editor prog? I know writing the code yourself isn't an attractive option for everybody, but finding something that's reasonably easy to use and does a better job than word might he worth considering?

Perhaps somebody has particular recommendations?

Yes, the font descriptions have only just started appearing again the last few days. I also copy from Word as this is the most convenient way for me to do all my admin and archiving at this end. If you are copying from Word, I would suggest checking your listings once posted in both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers if you have both on your computer to check that everything looks OK on both.

I have been using Word for my programs for several years. I learned a big lesson when I on listed E*** and Turbo Lister got corrupted and all my work was gone.

Anyway, that said, it has worked fine on Ebid for 9 months, with one exception after an upgrade and support was (as usual) prompt in fixing it.

Once I upload the pic I am able to delete the font descriptions, so I am catching it before submission.

Support is already working on it.
    Find deep discounts on Top-Shelf items such as Cell Phones, Lifestyle Products, Musical Instruments, Clothes, including Victoria's Secret, Shoes as well as Sporting Goods
    http://bestvalues.ebid.net/
    Don’t forget to bookmark our site!

Thread Information