eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dutch auctions don't have bid increments????? Huh??

Default Re: Dutch auctions don't have bid increments????? Huh??

FIRST, BIG THANK YOU TO GAZZA!!!

For Christmas we have to buy him a 48hr day, or one of those calendars that has several Fridays at the end of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by f3speech
    John

person on here I reckon has most experience with dutch THAT ALL SELL! is funky fudge factory (or whatever she is calling herself since name change! :wink: )

Why not ask her - she's very friendly and I know she's used a lot of dutch auctions
    Doesn't she just! I had to put on dark glasses, viewing all that sugar at one hit, but thanks, I've tracked her down (just underscores between the words, or do you mean something else?).

Not sure she'll be able to advise though. All her auctions seem to be BIN at just 1p more than start price.

I wanted to have a real dutch auction, so the buyers could set the price level themselves.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Good mornin'

Just PM'd you John....

PS. For Christmas I also want a 48hr day, or one of those calendars that has several Fridays at the end of the month! PLEEEEEEEEASE :lol:

Re: Dutch Auctions - As for lowest bid winning it does'nt look like there's any proxy bidding.. :?

Couple of weeks back item start price 99p, i put in only bid on auction of
    £1 which was then min bid price & as only bidder won at £1 which in normal Dutch Auctions would have been 99p.. :?:

If this is the case i would advise buyers to be careful how much they put on a max bid as you are going to get caught out.

The 1p made no difference but it could if we were talking pounds £.. :roll:

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recently had a dutch on Ebay. 3 items starting at 99p and one bidder bid a max of 2.51 (each) to make sure he got them. I was surprised when it finished and it said he owed me £2,51 EACH. I would have thought that it would have been 99p coz there was only one bidder???

I've never really understood the workings of it all!

I recently had a dutch on Ebay. 3 items starting at 99p and one bidder bid a max of 2.51 (each) to make sure he got them. I was surprised when it finished and it said he owed me £2,51 EACH. I would have thought that it would have been 99p coz there was only one bidder???

As Parrian says, no proxy bidding, then it makes perfect sense. Perfect sense, but daft! No wonder it surprised you.

Still, what do you expect. Dutch. All those funny smokes and the sex, when would they ever have time to figure out an auction system?

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fudge_factory
    Good mornin'

Just PM'd you John....

PS. For Christmas I also want a 48hr day, or one of those calendars that has several Fridays at the end of the month! PLEEEEEEEEASE :lol:
    Thanks FFF!

If I find a pallet-load of them I'll run a dutch auction of the last dozen! I need the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1

As Parrian says, no proxy bidding, then it makes perfect sense. Perfect sense, but daft! No wonder it surprised you.

Still, what do you expect. Dutch. All those funny smokes and the sex, when would they ever have time to figure out an auction system?
    I like it!

:lol:
    Is it over yet?

Forum Lurker
    View pid2000's Feedback (+13)
    All-About pid2000
    View pid2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

The lowest bid was 2.51. If he bid 99p on one and 2.51 on the othert 2 it would have been 99p for all 3.

Thread Information