eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On Borrowed Time

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a wild thought - any of these problems possibly linked to the triple cable breaks in the Mediterranean around on 19th December - they're the major fibre-optic data cables from Asia and North Africa to Europe and most Asian traffic had to reroute through Japan and the US to get to UK and Europe because of them.

They were due to be fixed this weekend

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Antzy2 View Post
    Now today I am again having problems going from page to page. I am again getting the imformous "page not accessable" message. I am hesitant to list any items for fear that I will again lose my connection. I also have Time Waner RR , which is the only high speed service in this area.
    Joe
    PS just tried to post thid and got the database error message LOL
    Joe don't think this is connected to your original problem as we were all getting the database error messages at that time and Gazza had posted this message :-

Users could encounter a page error if using the site between 2pm and 4pm (GMY) this afternoon. We are aware of this and appreciate your patience with these short outages.

Gazza

Hope this reassures you a bit!

According to a post on PSU the Time Warner XO problem has reared its ugly head again.
    http://www.powersellersunite.com/vie...=230787#230787

Unfortunately the XO link that was down in December is down again.

Proxy servers are the only way in for those of us in Time Warner Territory.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

True, sadly. I haven't been able to get to eBid through my home ISP, Time Warner, since at least 5 hours ago. Tracrts shows me one time that an XO Communications IP address was the problem, and another time it was a Roadrunner/Time Warner IP address. I endured a TW "live chat" and supposedly was treated by an escalated analyst who said he'd look into the problem.

Right now i'm sitting in a Panera restaurant whose free wifi is apparently not through Time Warner, and obviously I'm able to get to eBid. But I can't go sit in Panera every time I want to get to eBid. I will send the tracert captured here at Panera to eBid support, hoping that will give any little bit of help. I can't think what else to do except possiibly complain to our state public utilities commission.

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a Time Warner customer ($50 a month!!! YIKES) I am still muted and deafened as far as eBid unless i use the generously offered proxy connection of a Powersellersunite.com member. Supposedly a level 3 analyst at Time Warner's help department is investigating but this is becoming quite unacceptable.

I believe Time Warner has a HUGE chunk of the US internet service provider market and this of course is not good news for eBid. If you know Time Warner users, please ask them to see if they can connect, and if not, to deluge Time Warner's various help facilities with requests to straighten up their act.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    As a Time Warner customer ($50 a month!!! YIKES) I am still muted and deafened as far as eBid unless i use the generously offered proxy connection of a Powersellersunite.com member. Supposedly a level 3 analyst at Time Warner's help department is investigating but this is becoming quite unacceptable.

I believe Time Warner has a HUGE chunk of the US internet service provider market and this of course is not good news for eBid. If you know Time Warner users, please ask them to see if they can connect, and if not, to deluge Time Warner's various help facilities with requests to straighten up their act.
    Ada, Are you still having problems?

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes. I am here now only through the grace of the proxy server offered at powerselersunite.com.

A Time Warner help person kind of let it slip today that their engineers do not work on weekends, and will as well be off this Monday the 19th for the Martin Luther King birthday holiday. So I will probably expect to be without connection until at least the 20th and even then I wouldn't stake my life on things being fixed. I was off a solid week last December, 23rd through 30th, with this identical problem: being routed through BAD Servers. I was able to connect, using my same computer, at a local restaurant offering free wifi. Obviously that restaurant's ISP is not Time Warner, as tracert showed me. I have very little good to say about Time Warner but they have the monopoly here.

Once again Time Warner to ebid is failing at XO. It is about a week now that the leg has failed again. I have written and/or called everyone from Time Warner to XO to my Public Utilities Commission.
    I know that many ebid store owners and buyers are impacted. A few of us are using proxy servers as a workaround. I am concerned that those folks flocking away from Ebay and looking to Ebid as an alternative are going to give up. The decision for Ebay to not accept money orders is a perfect excuse for buyers to flee. I don't want them to have an excuse not to buy from ebid.

Has ebid had any success in finding someone at XO that is willing to help? I seem to have exhausted every avenue.
    Find deep discounts on Top-Shelf items such as Cell Phones, Lifestyle Products, Musical Instruments, Clothes, including Victoria's Secret, Shoes as well as Sporting Goods
    http://bestvalues.ebid.net/
    Don’t forget to bookmark our site!

Thread Information