eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Relisting A Sale with multiple items

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Relisting A Sale with multiple items

Why is it that when I have an item up for sale that has for example 25 on hand and someone buys one of that 25, the other 24 get removed? I then have to relist that item. Shouldn't the mere fact that there are 25 of them keep them in my store showing that there are now 24? Comments please.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would seem sensible that the remainder relists, but what you're seeing is definitely how it works. I suppose it does give one a chance to reassess stock levels.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    Shouldn't the mere fact that there are 25 of them keep them in my store showing that there are now 24? Comments please.
    Yes. That is the normal way of things. The usual complaint is that people have trouble deleting a multi-item listing if any have sold.

Sounds like the old 'fix one thing - break another' jobby. One for admin.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Hi Kim, yes, but it is so frustrating to have to relist those items, when they should still be there. Oh Gazza, can we fix that little glitch?

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Hi Astral, yes you're right. Back before I knew that it did that, I had items off the shelf for I don't know how long before I realized what was happening. Now I know to go and relist it, but I wonder how many sales I might have lost back when it wasn't in the store any longer. Newbies don't know about that, so it could wind up with a lot of people losing sales because they are unaware.

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why is it that when I have an item up for sale that has for example 25 on hand and someone buys one of that 25, the other 24 get removed? I then have to relist that item. Shouldn't the mere fact that there are 25 of them keep them in my store showing that there are now 24? Comments please

It would seem sensible that the remainder relists, but what you're seeing is definitely how it works. I suppose it does give one a chance to reassess stock levels.

Back before I knew that it did that, I had items off the shelf for I don't know how long before I realized what was happening. Now I know to go and relist it, but I wonder how many sales I might have lost back when it wasn't in the store any longer. Newbies don't know about that, so it could wind up with a lot of people losing sales because they are unaware

If this is indeed the way the system works, then maybe a policy-change should be enacted, to either

(A) Pursue the "inventory countdown" path, allowing sellers to list quantities of an item one time and move on to listing more items or take care of matters in the real world (eating, employment, doing dishes, making (sometimes) the bed, . . . did I mention eating?)

OR

(B) Allow only quantity-of-one BIN sales. Were this policy to be enacted, all sellers would be on the same sheet of music in that they would be forced daily to closely scrutinize all current auction inventory activity.

I seemingly wander here but am making a point nonetheless. When I was selling fudge at a local flea market I noted an alarmingly-large percentage of people who couldn't sample my wares because of diabetes. Since then I have brought up that fact into conversation whenever I felt it might be helpful enlightenment. Of course, I can't singlehandedly enlighten everyone around here concerning the silent epidemic surrounding us. If I could, there would probably be great strides taken concerning diabetes by the locals.
    BUT I CAN'T.

The same principle applies here. Were this unannounced policy to see the light of day, the stark realization would be such, I believe, as to cause BIN sellers who have never even looked at the forums flock here in search of polls, ANY polls, to voice their displeasure and pleas.

You know, I may have just come up with a new theory here. I guess you might call it The Law of Diminishing Vowels. I just noted that when I make requests for change, I courteously say "please'. When making these requests over a vast period of time, apparently some form of technological alphabetic erosion, to which the letter "e" is unusually susceptible, occurs: The end result being that my "please" becomes "pleas".

I believe the polling activity being spoken of here would put the recent (relatively-speaking as one, I understand, will be celebrating its first anniversary in a few months) polls by RainbowSeeker, Annabelle, and Bykimbo to shame in the sheer numbers of participants. No, this unspoken policy will never be formally enacted. That being the case, of two alternatives (if there is a third, I'm all ears -- actually, I have had the term DUMBO alluded to when people were trying to get my attention), we only have one choice.

I've given you an extensive tour of the "south 40" but hopefully during this tour I have been able to convince you, someone, ANYONE?!!? of my feelings on this matter. Well, guess its time to climb down off my soapbox. (MASSIVE APPLAUSE) I'm not admitting to being opinionated, but . . . I got so tired of dragging my soapbox after me that I fixed it up with wheels, engine, and transmission, and camouflaged it as a 1966 Impala. That way I can drive it around, it is there at a moment's notice, and targeted audiences find it hard to outrun my thoughts, ideas, and tirades. (Actually it wasn't so bad as a soapbox . . . gas and insurance are killing me!!!)

Now (if I still partook) would be the time to head for kitchen for a large glass filled 1/4 with water, one ice cube (don't want it too cold and there is also the dilution factor to consider), and then 3/4 with bourbon (purely medicinal - kills all the little wiggly things in the water). Of course, I never could find anything to subdue the BIG wiggly things I would start seeing after a number (I say "number" because I know that it was a number, but can't for the life of me remember which one) of glasses of "water".
    Last edited by tpypr; 17th January 2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Found another quote & placed a parenthetical mark

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Huh?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    Huh?
    Pithy, accurate, perfect.

Why not make your point more succinctly!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information