eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ITEM counts

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3046)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ITEM counts

there seems to be a large number of disparities between the numbers of items listed at top and dig down levels, which if either are accurate? i am currently looking at stamps and particularly first day covers

and whilst on this subject on the ebid uk page the number of listings has dropped significantly but the front page has the same number it has had for a couple of days.

why isnt the total on the front page automatically updated on a regular basis at least every hour as it is clearly misleading, perhaps it could say when it was last updated?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post

why isnt the total on the front page automatically updated on a regular basis at least every hour as it is clearly misleading, perhaps it could say when it was last updated?
    I like that idea.

Forum Lurker
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

the item count on the UK ebid page is down another 100k from my earlier post yet the front page persists with the number that has been there for a couple of days. what numbers if any are reliable and how does one then equate that to the hits on a particular listing and even the number of members. is there any way to independently verify any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post
    the item count on the UK ebid page is down another 100k from my earlier post yet the front page persists with the number that has been there for a couple of days. what numbers if any are reliable and how does one then equate that to the hits on a particular listing and even the number of members. is there any way to independently verify any of these?
    Think I mentioned before borucha that the listing numbers have been broken for a few days now, as we haven't been able to report them as usual down on the army thread, please see the PSU site http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

I hope that they are trying to fix it at the moment but I expect after last nights crash it might take a while as they will be busy trying to sort that out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default item Counts

Still cant get my head round why the front page doesnt have a date and time against the claimed number of items for sale, all the more confusing when the recent press release dealing with the $3,000 prize states

"The three millionth listing promotion is for individual items only and not for those entered in bulk. With daily statistics published regularly throughout the day at eBid.net, sellers can count down to the jackpot and try to calculate their chances of taking home the cash."

how can that be when the item count on the front page stays the same for at least 1 whole day often more.

this has got nothing to do with the discrepancy within the categories between the top level stated number of items and those in the dig down levels.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The front page isn't updated "on the fly", but the database at the back will be showing live numbers. The people giving the prize can see exactly what's going on - you just have to take their word for it. Or not, as you prefer.

Forum Lurker
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default item counts

happy to accept any figures that those behind the scene say that might not be viewable but would much prefer to see the viewable number updated regularly and an indication of when it was updated but more significantly why do none of the dig down numbers agree with the top level in my area of stamps the figure for first day covers is woefully different at the dig down levels to the top level, why is this, i assume it is a matter of programming and reallt does give a very poor impression imo.

Thread Information