Thread: Buy one get one free

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Buy one get one free

Hi
    Is there anyway we can set up automatic discounts, I run a buy one get one free offer in huddylions record den, but keep getting people buying just one and paying, then i have to email them to tell them, obviously the notice i have set up isn't seen another problem in it's self ,I then if they want the offer have to refund them let them choose another item then re invoice which is a bit of a pain.

And the same goes if you want to set up a postal discount, could this not be set up so it happens automatically?, it can be done as we know .
    Regards
    Huddy
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Hi
    Is there anyway we can set up automatic discounts, I run a buy one get one free offer in huddylions record den, but keep getting people buying just one and paying, then i have to email them to tell them, obviously the notice i have set up isn't seen another problem in it's self ,I then if they want the offer have to refund them let them choose another item then re invoice which is a bit of a pain.

And the same goes if you want to set up a postal discount, could this not be set up so it happens automatically?, it can be done as we know .
    Regards
    Huddy

I Agree with you Huddy, this is something that I ran on the otherside for a while through my shop and it worked well. I have not tried it here yet because I could not see a way of doing it. Somekind of help with this would be great.

Keep up the good work Gazza, things certainly seem to be picking up.

Cheers Mel

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Huddy , I think it is a fact that people only read what they want to read...like your notice....or other notices members put in .... I really do not think they read these...maybe if the notice was flashing instead of the red R....things might be seen , and read then ..........papa.

All-About Huddylion
    Forum Posts

Certainly needs looking into me thinks, i am now awaiting replies from two buyers on whether they want me to refund the payments they have made so that they can do the BOGOF I could have had the items in the post by now,or i could have just taken there money and not told them about the offer, but i'm not like that, i am honest.
    My feedback of

All-About Huddylion
    Forum Posts

This is true see my post on the kitchen table about it .
    Really needs sorting out
    My feedback of

All-About Huddylion
    Forum Posts

Arrow Ebid please take notice

Further update to this matter/problem

I have now changed my offer from bogof,it is now 50% off, and i am still getting the same problem,of people not reading the notices.

PLEASE EBID CAN YOU SET SOMETHING UP SO THAT WE CAN CAN SET UP SOME SORT OF AUTOMATIC DISCOUT.

My feedback of

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sometimes people just want the one item regardless of the promotion you're running. Like yourself, I have an offer of Buy 2 Action Figures Get 1 Half Price, yet people are still only buying the one or two and not going for the Special Offer. At the end of the day, it's up to the customer, can't force a free item or a half price item on them if they don't want it. Some will take you up on your offers, some won't. And if you have nothing else they want in the first place anyway then they won't take advantage of the offers. The mind does boggle though lol!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information