Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help please! I keep getting a blank page when relisting!

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Help please! I keep getting a blank page when relisting!

Since the upgrade, when I try to relist an item, or 'list a similar item', the listing details only appear in html, there is a blank screen for both the WYSIWYG editors. I am using internet explorer, and working from the Aussie site. The listing editor has been brilliant for the 2+ years I have been a member here. Can you please restore it to the way it was????
    Thanks, everything else is brilliant.
    Merry Christmas,
    Diane.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I supposed to do that for EVERY auction that I have?
    Thanks for the suggestion, but does that solve the problem, or is that just a way around it??
    Diane.
    Last edited by Dianekmt; 26th December 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I want to change things, and I am not good enough to easily do it with html. I think there is a programming problem which needs fixing, you can't just blame the browser, as it has worked on this site for years. Most people still do use internet explorer, and a problem like this would quickly put off new ebidders. Most of us don't have the time to fiddle around for hours each day to list new auctions. IT NEEDS TO BE SIMPLE FOR SILLY PEOPLE LIKE ME! .......and it used to be great.
    Thanks,
    Diane.

Hi Diane

I too had problems with the WYSIWYG thingy. There is another thread on here titled 'Auction description editor not working'. I've posted several replies.

Quite frankly it got me mad in the end and I've installed Mozilla Firefox and now there's no problem. Like you, I also wanted something that was easy to understand as I'm no techie at all!! I also didn't see why I should change my browser when there was absolutely nothing wrong with it before the upgrade. It's not my fault that the WYSIWYG thingy doesn't work anymore with IE. There are people out there that know the work-arounds but I'm not gifted in that dept so didn't know what to do.

Why not give Firefox a try? You can always just use it for eBid and continue with IE for your other tasks. I only installed it a few days ago and am beginning to find my way around and really liking it. Quadulicious is right in saying that more people are going over to it now. Granted, nobody likes change but sometimes it might just be for the better.

Good luck!

Carol

Forum Lurker
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, and thanks, if things don't get fixed, I will try what you said. I do think that eBid should fix the problem though, as they could lose members otherwise. (Not me though, I love the place!!)
    Gary if you are around, are you working on it?
    Thanks,
    Diane.

Thread Information