eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you guys get started . . .

Its a good job I only sell on ebid to finance my hobby! I dont sell regularly enough to run my shop as a business

I started of selling stuff from my late father in law's estate "over there". This included pottery/china, books, postcards, militaria, etc. As we (OH and I) were going through the stuff, I developed an interest in postcards. Due to the vast volume of stuff, we engaged a local auction house to sell the larger items, but at the same time I was searching the local auction houses for postcards to add to my own collection - which was initiated by the cards I found amongst FIL's belongins. It sort of snowballed from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    still trying to find a soap scent like Lush Lily Savon...remember asking someone about it......cant for the life of me think who thou
    omg...forgot all about that....must see if it was ever created....oops

Hi

I started selling on feebay 4 & 1/2 years ago. I started with wade whimsies i had collected over the years, the ones you used to get from xmas crackers. From there i got hooked, and basically sold anything that wasn't nailed down. I also got stuff from my family to sell. Then i started going to jumble sales, where i got some good bargains, and made a good profit, i also went around boot sales. I did that for about a year & 1/2, then i decided to start selling new stuff (mostly clothes). I still do occasionally sell 2nd hand items.

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by herbalbrew View Post
    omg...forgot all about that....must see if it was ever created....oops
    shame on you - letting your customers down!
    have you got anything in the way of soap (loved the ones I bought from you from one of the YDC's earlier this year) that's suitable for dry skin?

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    shame on you - letting your customers down!
    Do you think I could blame it on a senior moment?...or lack of sleep from staying up late on the KT? Will beg for forgiveness in the morn

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    have you got anything in the way of soap (loved the ones I bought from you from one of the YDC's earlier this year) that's suitable for dry skin?
    "lettuce&cucumber" is the best for dry skin, with chamomile or naked hemp coming a close second.

Now you have set my rearranging brain cell into gear....can feel the soap auctions getting a revamp

I started buying some postcards over "there" 10 years ago... then got some civil aviation cards I didn't want to sell in my unit so listed them and sold them and it slowly snowballed from there.....

then I had a really bad bout of M.E. (again) and had to give up full time work so here I am a self employed (with 3) online auction site seller (with the once a month fair)....

best thing I ever did was give up working for someone else and becoming my own boss... work when I want rest when I need to. I might not be as rich as I was but I am a lot healthier, and a lot happier

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

I started a few years back by messing around making bits jewellery. Went on to sell it on *bay, but realised that vintage jewellery/ beads I kept coming across were far nicer than my stuff and it just seriously escalated from there!

Never ever thought at the time I'd become as fascinated and involved with it as I am nowadays

Life's full of surprises!

Started on feebay over 6 years ago. Sold alot of battery chargers and rechargable batteries. Then sold rc toys. About 12 vehicles. A few odds and ends. Then went into software. Games mostly. I like computers. I'ld like to be a fulltime seller one day. It's nice to be able to reach the whole world online I think.

Like several of you on here, we started out as buyers at the other site in 1999. We were trying to find some toys and dolls that were no longer sold in stores. Then we decided to sell stuff that we no longer wanted. My dad would sell computer parts as well as buy what he needed.

It wasn't until a couple years back that we would sell stuff around the holidays to bring in extra money for gifts and such. So that is why we were so surprised with all the changes when we came back this holiday year to sell stuff. We knew about the new rating system cause we were buying some stuff here and there through out the year but were not selling stuff until now.

One of the things that my sister and I really enjoyed doing was finding old Cabbage Patch Dolls at yard sales, thrift stores and then we would wash them and fix them up and put them up for auction. It was a lot of fun, but they are not as easy to find now like they were before.

Linsilee

Jim, Lisa, Linsilee & Pumpkin@ Moonwillow's Realm

Thread Information