Thread: Question What have you done to advertise ebid

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Question What have you done to advertise ebid

Hi
    As a relative newbie here Tho 9 years on the Bay I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a list of the ways that you have been advertising Ebid to the outside world , im still looking for more ideas
    Ive sent 2500 emails to everyone who paid via paypal telling them about my store here and why ive moved most of my stock here , ive emailed everyone on my address book the same info , and as I have still got a small amout of goods on the bay if they sell ( at inflated prices to cover the FVF cost ) i send confirmation emails with the same info ,
    ive also just registered with yahoo forums so i can infiltrate them as soon as I have the time
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    Hi
    As a relative newbie here Tho 9 years on the Bay I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a list of the ways that you have been advertising Ebid to the outside world
    The list exists already.
    Just read this forum.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really think there's too much different stuff going on all the time, in so many different ways to make a meaningful summary! There are loads of threads on here about external social networks and private website that you can register with or get linked on, many ideas about paper-based promotions, marketing materials you can buy... you'd need to duplicate nearly the whole forum to cover it. Have a paddle and see what you can find... and if you think of an extra idea you believe hasn't yet been covered then let us know! Cheers!

I have had a car decal made, use the ebid tape, buisiness cards, keep a presence on eb*y to tell customers to come here, blogs, link on my own website, flyers in parcels, etc...etc...

Quote Originally Posted by magpiesnest1 View Post
    I have had a car decal made, use the ebid tape, buisiness cards, keep a presence on eb*y to tell customers to come here, blogs, link on my own website, flyers in parcels, etc...etc...
    Where did you get the ebid tape? Thanks.

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Yes sorry i understand theres loads of threads with this info i was just trying to get a thread with a type of list on . I love going thro the threads but every so often i get impatient and want to do something different to try to generate trade
    thanks for the replys
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    Hi
    As a relative newbie here Tho 9 years on the Bay I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a list of the ways that you have been advertising Ebid to the outside world ,.......
    Derek
    Great Idea Derek, I have suggested something similar before, which would save everyone going through the whole forum.

See here
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=93957

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=93955

A sticky with a simple one post thread, which is updated/added to everynow and again, with just a list of online place we can join or add content to such as

Squidoo
    Flickr
    Yahoo Answers
    Facebook
    Myspace
    etc
    etc

Any other forums on any subjectt that group members post to
    etc
    etc

Having them all in one place would really cut down on our time searching for stuff, and would also allow us to see which we can concentrate on, on a daily/weekly/monthly basis

i.e. join say Squidoo on one week and concentrate on getting that up and running, next week do the next one on the list, i.e. Flickr and so on...

I think the idea is too simple for it to work
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it's the simplicity of the idea, but the complexity of the answer that's the problem. Keeping any one thread up-to-date would be quite an undertaking, as would the initial build from this point. And I just don't think a forum is the right medium for the job. If somebody wanted to maintain a web site that gathered all this together in one place, that would be a more usable solution I think... but whoever volunteered would be taking on quite a task.

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    just a word about sites like squidoo....if you want to make a page anywhere that will get picked up, you cant just put it on the net and forget it. You have to go back each day and add something, picture, links, or information, all three if you can. You have to be obsessive about it, improve it and build on it very regularly, or it will be invisible.
    Diane.

Loads of ideas on here - just make a bit of time to read them!

I advertise eBid every day in some form or another - too many to list at present.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information