eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: upgrade to gallery?

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default upgrade to gallery?

All the auctions I had listed prior to the v3 launch are now just free auctions and have no gallery pic.

Is there any way that I can upgrade some of them to gallery? There is no option in the update/delete to do this.

Can something be added?

Forum Lurker
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: upgrade to gallery?

Also, I've just noticed that when I repost an item from "I posted" it won't let me upgrade to gallery

It goes to the next page that tells me in order to upgrade I must upload a photo, but I've aleady got one in there - I just want to show it in the gallery!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We can upgrade all your auctions that are using pictures stored on our servers.. Shall we do it for you??

Can you give give me one of your auction ids you are having trouble reposting.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    We can upgrade all your auctions that are using pictures stored on our servers.. Shall we do it for you??

Can you give give me one of your auction ids you are having trouble reposting.

G
    none of my auctions have piccy's on your server. - that's why I can't do it. I have to go away, upload a piccy and come back just to relist it. Previously I've used my own web space. At that point you are only allowed to "choose" rather than give the UIRL if YKWIS :wink:

I think I've removed all those I had a prob with so far - I just pushed on and relisted them from my own copies ... I'll have a go at another and then let you know what happens

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you choose gallery when you repost and the image you enter is not on our servers, we will automaticlly upload that picture to our servers and you will see it in your gallery. Then when you come to repost this again you wont have to change the image url because it will be already pointing to the version on our servers..

Its the same when posting an auction from new, if you enter a url of an image that isnt on our servers (ie. your own webspace) then we will automatically upload it to your gallery (only if you choose gallery, hh, 60min or frontpage)

Free auctions will still use the version on your webspace.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you choose gallery when you repost and the image you enter is not on our servers, we will automaticlly upload that picture to our servers and you will see it in your gallery. Then when you come to repost this again you wont have to change the image url because it will be already pointing to the version on our servers..

is this something you have just sorted? It wouldn't work like that last night - I had to go to the gallery and upload it myself, rather than just add the URL

are you stalking me? :lol:

You want that room yet :lol:

Forum Lurker
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK..... next episode...

I had a thought about it this morning and thought of a betetr way to explain the relist thing...

The reason it says that you need to upload an image is because when you list from scratch, the image is actually uploaded on page 1 of 3 in the listing, so when on page 2 of 3 you are asked if you want gallery, the image is already there and things are OK.

When you relist, it is all on one page, so when you click repost, looking for the gallery image must take precidence over uploading the URL in the box.

Are you with me here :?:

So, the way around it is to... open another window to the gallery, upload the image, then go back to the relist page and 'choose' the image from the gallery. It's a bit long winded, but it's the only way around it at the moment.

Also, if you are listing from scratch, once you get to the preview page, say you notice a spelling mistake and want to go back and correct it, you go back twice, correct it and then follow the pages thru to list the auction. Now at this point, the image has been uploaded to the gallery twice coz it is the move from page 1 to 2 that uploads the image.

Still with me?

I've just done this myself and you deffo end up with duplicates.

Thread Information