Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Parent & Sub-Category Problems

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Parent & Sub-Category Problems

Ok, I have a parent category "Star Wars". It has 15 sub-category's and I'm having trouble adding another one. I'm trying to add the sub-category "TAC Collector Coins" to the parent category Star Wars.

Now, at first, I though it was just a glitch, but I added the sub-category to the parent category "Indiana Jones" and it added it straight away. Obviously, this is a Star Wars item so can't go in another other parent category, it needs to go in the Star Wars parent category.

I've been trying for like 18 hours to add this sub-category, so why isn't it adding? Is there a limit on how many sub-category's you can have per parent category?
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, 15 is the limit for subs, it's just been discussed here in the last day or so or I wouldn't have known either!

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that Considering they use the alphabet to list the sub-category's you'd think they'd allow 26 subs lol!

Trouble is, when you're selling Star Wars stuff, you need to have realistically, 20 sub-category's due to the vast lines available.

Think I'll have to do some re-organising. Maybe try and have 2 Star Wars parent category's.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Thanks for that Considering they use the alphabet to list the sub-category's you'd think they'd allow 26 subs lol!

Trouble is, when you're selling Star Wars stuff, you need to have realistically, 20 sub-category's due to the vast lines available.

Think I'll have to do some re-organising. Maybe try and have 2 Star Wars parent category's.
    Do what I do and have 2 sections for the same thing, if you look at my vinyl decade store you will see what I mean

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Thanks raindropsies, that's a good idea. Ideal for listing records.

I'll do a second parent company for Star Wars and put the gift type items, collectors coins etc in that one, that way I can keep action figures, vechiles, figure mutlipacks together in the one and other gift type items in the other.

They need to stop making so much Star Wars every year lol! What annoys me about Star Wars, they come out with line after line every year, renaming the line when they could at least stick with the same line name for a few years lol!

Thread Information