My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: While here we are in Ebid Land

Unhappy While here we are in Ebid Land

A refugee from a far off land...of high fees. Although some of my stuff is still over there.

I have to admit however I am somewhat disappointed. We reopened our Ebay store, started a new iofferstore and an ebid listing all at the same time so far the stats are.
    Ebay Ioffer Ebid
    Sales 14 2 0
    Views 27 154 0

We promote both the ebid and ioffer sites extensivly however we don't promote the ebay listings at all. Infact we refer them back to ioffer and ebid with promotions. We even list cheaper here on ebid. But we can't make any movement happen. If you are looking for that perfectly weird gay t shirt or a novelty t we might have what you are looking for.

I for one really hope ebid eventually attracts more buyers because it is a great place for sellers in terms of fees, ability to leave true feedback etc etc and the sellers deserve more sales for the effort they put in.

What I don't think is helping too much is I don't think this site is very user friendly - there is not a day goes by when there is not a thread or post asking about how to do something, and that's from sellers who presumably have been using the site, buyers must find it the same.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Canacreations View Post
    A refugee from a far off land...of high fees. Although some of my stuff is still over there.

I have to admit however I am somewhat disappointed. We reopened our Ebay store, started a new iofferstore and an ebid listing all at the same time so far the stats are.
    Ebay Ioffer Ebid
    Sales 14 2 0
    Views 27 154 0

We promote both the ebid and ioffer sites extensivly however we don't promote the ebay listings at all. Infact we refer them back to ioffer and ebid with promotions. We even list cheaper here on ebid. But we can't make any movement happen. If you are looking for that perfectly weird gay t shirt or a novelty t we might have what you are looking for.
    As you don't have a link to your auctions in your signature i'm guessing you haven't read the forum tips on how to make the most of ebid?
    How does your ebid feedback compare with ebay? ( zero fedback is off putting) you could make some low value purchases to get yourself started. Use a mix of 3 day listings ( to get your items shown regularly on ebid front page) and of 7 day+ listings which will qualify your items for free upload to google products ( assuming you have a BIN price as well as an auction price). There are dozens more tips on the forums. The main one being, you can't compare ebid to ebay as one is a fee based site where people tend to list items they're reasonably confident of selling quickly, and the other is free to list where sellers can list a greater range of items, including slow movers, knowing they won't incur extra fees.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Theirs loads of nice people that will help here too x

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning Hannah , just a wee word...I know lots of members say BUY some Small bits to start....but I must say.....we did not have to BUY bits over there....to get started...
    and it could be very misleading ... if there was a rogue element came here...bought a few bobs worth... then started to sell higher value items....???.
    I do agree if you have feedback it can help....But I would not suggest this buying things...we wil just have to wait for the right customer/s....just my thoughts and I know there are lots who will dissagree....but ????......papa.

Thread Information