Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Slow im afraid

Come on everyone.
    Cheer up.
    Since the changes on the other side in October my sales have dropped by 80%.
    But I am forever cheerful.
    I think I sold a few items over here.
    Well yes I did sell some.

Sales here are very disappointing. Had intended NOT to list on Greedbay anymore, but I had to cos nothing's shifting here. Greendbay appears to be busy, but that's the Catch22:
    Buyers go to Greedbay because they get the biggest selection there, yet sellers are emigrating because of the high fees.
    Don't know what the solution is really, but with only 3 sales here in over 2 months, I'm not exactly thrilled
    I knew I wouldn't make a "killing" here for Xmas, but this is worse than expected. Sorry folks, but I'm not the one who can cheer you all up.
    Last edited by LunabuAllsorts; 20th November 2008 at 12:10 AM.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Ah....sales!
    Having any ( of consequence ) in lieu of this economy is equal to the chance of my bedding her........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

Quote Originally Posted by clockmad View Post
    Well it doesn't help when every time you turn the news on they are going on about the state of the economy and how bad it is
    Dont they realise they are just making things worse by putting it into everyone's head that they are all going to be out of work and destitute in the next few months

I agree, makes me so cross, the media just scare people and we've already got enough to worry about without scare tactics.

only one sale this month so not very good at all, but have to admit it's been much quieter on the other side this year than normal.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well it doesn't help when every time you turn the news on they are going on about the state of the economy and how bad it is
    Dont they realise they are just making things worse by putting it into everyone's head that they are all going to be out of work and destitute in the next few months

I totally agree with you - I don't listen to any recession themed news and I don't see any evidence of one where I am.

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is how you sell newspapers and fill advertising spots in the electronic media.

You make people afraid.

You keep pounding on the smallest crumb of negative news until it becomes *THE HEADLINE*
    and they can scream it in peoples faces and make them *VERY AFRAID* and then they can report on "how afraid people are" because of....................
    As long as you watch you are buying into their game.

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding sales.
    I continue to list what I know will sell on the darkside. With every sale a nice thank you note goes out that gatefolds out. Has the V&T logo on the inside with my thank you message and the eBid logo folds over the outside and has an advertisement for eBid on the whole outside back. I also make sure to mention eBid on the thank you with emphasis on selling for less here.
    These have been going out since the second week in OCT.
    ED

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

A sale here and a sale there slow even with a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE .

But hey ho,got lots of editing and listing to do so that keeps me out of mischief, and not in the position that i need the money to liv on so i aint moaning.

The only problem i have is that i seem to be buying more than i'm selling so i'm going to get into trouble from she who must be obeyed .
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

I had my second sale yesterday.Yayyy! I got lucky and both my buyers are the nicest people really. Oooh I better go knock on wood and cross my fingers and toes now.

Thread Information