Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can I sell a package holiday I no longer want?

Forum Newbie
    All-About dancingbagley
    View dancingbagley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Can I sell a package holiday I no longer want?

Hi - I just wanted to know if I can sell a package holiday that I no longer wish to go on, which includes a return flight. I ask as on "another certain bidding site", I was not able to as it would breach their travel policy, which was that you can only sell if you are ATOL licensed. The package holiday itself is from an ATOL licensed company, and in reality I would be changing the names on the tickets etc, not selling the tickets myself, if you get my meaning. Anyway, I appreciate that the rules will probably be the same here, and if I can't sell them then I understand.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello dancingbagley

Welcome to eBid !

If you check out this link and look for No. 29 ..... I guess that if your item is not listed there, then it's ok to sell them I assume the travel company have said that it's ok to transfer names on the tickets

However, if you need further clarification a quick email to support@ebid.tv will provide an answer. You will initially receive an automated response with a ticket number which will be followed shortly by mail from a member of the Admin Team Be sure to look in your Spam/Junk mail folder tho' as that's sometimes where they end up.

e

Forum Newbie
    All-About dancingbagley
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your help! I couldn't see it on the list, however I know it's not exhaustive so I've taken your advice and e-mailed my query just to make sure. Thanks again!

This is one of those things that I would check with admin before rather than after. Just to be on the safe side, because if they think that this is not allowed but not on the list then they may pull it without telling you along with all your other listings. It's happened to me and many others, that is why I check before if I think it's borderline

Forum Newbie
    All-About dancingbagley
    Forum Posts

Yeah that's true; better to make sure I guess! Thanks for your reply!

was not able to as it would breach their travel policy, which was that you can only sell if you are ATOL licensed. The package holiday itself is from an ATOL licensed company, and in reality I would be changing the names on the tickets etc, not selling the tickets myself, if you get my meaning

Have you checked with the travel company that they will do what you are proposing? If not, I suggest that you do so first.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    was not able to as it would breach their travel policy, which was that you can only sell if you are ATOL licensed. The package holiday itself is from an ATOL licensed company, and in reality I would be changing the names on the tickets etc, not selling the tickets myself, if you get my meaning

Have you checked with the travel company that they will do what you are proposing? If not, I suggest that you do so first.
    And also check what fee (if any) you will have to pay

Thread Information